Chapter 36: Birthday Dinner

"Butter, lettuce, tofu….I forgot seaweed!" She whispered to herself and ran back to get it.

Irene was here to grab ingredients so she could cook for Seulgi. 

Her girlfriend told her she wasn't the best when it comes to working in the kitchen and she planned to surprise her with a home cooked meal.

She was walking back to her cart when she heard a familiar voice.

To her surprise, she turned around to see Seulgi also shopping and immediately crouched down to hide behind her cart.

Coming out of hiding, she decided to use this opportunity to get to know Seulgi's favourites and walked towards her.

She stopped in her tracks when Seulgi moved to reveal a younger girl in front of her, holding her hand. 

They both gave each other unbearably bright smiles and walked around the store, with the younger clinging onto Seulgi's arm.

Irene felt her heart drop and anger rise. She quickly paid for her items and stepped out.

She wanted to leave but she had taken the bus here and would rather spend time waiting to confront Seulgi than spend it crying at the bus stop.

Irene stood up straight when she saw them come out.

"Just show me a picture of her, unnie." The younger girl whined. 

She's pretty I guess. Irene didn't want to admit it but it's true.

"Photos don't do her enough justice. You just have to see her." 

She gritted her teeth seeing how wide Seulgi was grinning.

"I still can't believe she li-" 

Seulgi's eyes bulged out when Irene stood in front of them. 

"H-hi." Her voice cracked out of nervousness, it was her first time seeing Irene dressed so casually and she couldn't even take in how good she looked.

Of course you're nervous. Cheater. 

Irene looked at the younger girl, who squirmed under her stare and looked back at her confused. 

Oh god, you're a victim too? Poor girl.

"What are you doing here?" 

"Who is this?" Irene spit out. 

"This is Yeji-" Irene interrupted Seulgi to turn to Yeji.

"Hi, Yeji. Did you know she already has a girlfriend?" Irene said in an enthusiastic voice. "One she's cheating on with you." 

Yeji scrunched her brows together and looked back and forth between Irene and Seulgi. 

The silence was inevitable with Yeji confused over the new woman in front of her, Seulgi slightly embarrassed and Irene still angry over her "cheating" girlfriend.

"...my sister." Seulgi finished.

Sister?!?  Irene wasn't sure if she heard that right. Her throat suddenly felt dry.

"This is my sister, Yeji. And Yeji this is Irene, my girlfriend...I think?" Seulgi muttered her last words.

YOU THINK?!? Irene stayed frozen.

She just accused her girlfriend of cheating on her with her sister. And might not even have a girlfriend anymore.

Yeji tried to hold back a laugh, finally understanding the situation.