Chapter 17: Mood Killer

"Last place I want you to be is in jail so we're gonna have to call Lisa."

Jisoo insists on bringing both Tzuyu and Sana to the bakery on her bike

"Lisa's probably busy dropping off Chae."

"Jeongyeon unnie?"

"Apparently IU's having a Valentine's day concert nearby. Nayeon dragged Jeong to book tickets and check out the venue. They'll be unreachable until Saturday morning."

Jisoo sighed at a pouting Tzuyu. She texted Wendy who told her to come to the gym and grab her keys.

Telling Tzuyu to wait for her at the front, she quickly ran to grab the keys and ran back to the car. Pulling up to the front she could see the maknae talking to her friends.

She lowered the glass when Tzuyu knocked on the window.

"Is it ok if Jennie unnie comes with us?"

Jisoo didn't care, she just nodded her head making the three girls climb into the car.

Tzuyu was at the front while Sana and Jennie talked at the back. Well Sana was talking while Jennie continued to glare at the back of Jisoo's head who was talking to Tzuyu.

"Please just give her your number. She has been texting me at 3am to ask if I'll bring you over."

Tzuyu just laughed as Jisoo told her about how much Hyunjin missed her.

Jisoo would occasionally sneak glances to the back to see Sana. 

Jennie had pretended not to see Jisoo glance at her every few minutes. She felt herself falter each time she looked at Jisoo's overly expressive eyes.

Masking the feeling in her gut for discomfort, she jumped out of the car as soon as they had stopped.

 • • • • • • •

Jennie had originally only come with the girls to watch Jisoo.

She was now sitting with Sana and Heejin while Tzuyu, Hyunjin, and Jisoo were behind the counter eating and greeting customers.

"Valentine's day sales never give us time to rest. Hyunjin told me she's never baking after today."

Jennie smiled as she saw how much Heejin liked her. Bringing her up in every sentence, calling her soulmate and occasionally looking at Hyunjin who somehow felt her gaze and smiled at her before turning back.

She felt a mix of emotions. She didn't even have a chance to date anyone in high school who actually wanted her for herself and not for her body or reputation.

The girls did try to set her up with a few last year but almost all of them ended up with her ghosting the boys. She even went to mixers but all she got were disgusting drunk dudes all over her and straight girls who wanted to experiment.

Jennie looked back up to see that Hyunjin was now alone. Looking around she noticed Jisoo and Tzuyu were nowhere to be seen.

Where did she take our Tzuyu?

Not wanting to make a scene, she quickly excused herself before walking out of the store to look for them.

• • • • • • • •

"It's a bit windy up here."

"Hmm."

They were standing on the rooftop of the bakery. Jisoo brought Tzuyu up to talk to her.

One of the reasons she brought her to the bakery was because she had noticed how down she looked lately.

Seeing the looks she was giving Sana, it was safe to guess it was a friend issue.

"I might not be the one you want to talk to but I'll listen."

Tzuyu considered Jisoo's words before deciding to tell her.

"Would you ever confess to someone you were too afraid to lose?"

Please don't be what I think it means.

Jisoo didn't like where this was going but she decided to answer anyway.

"I guess I've never been in that situation before..."

Tzuyu just nodded at her before looking at the view. There was a moment of silence before she spoke up again.

"...but I would confess."

Tzuyu looked at Jisoo with more than a hint of surprise.

"You'll end up regretting it in the future. Take your chance."

"Plus how strong is the relationship if that is all it takes to break it."

"Don't worry, you can confess to me anytime you want."

Jisoo's attempt to wink brought back Tzuyu's smile.

"Anddd there they are." Jisoo poked her dimples making her smile grow.

There was a tranquil silence as their smiles faded.

"I like Sana."

Jisoo whipped her head trying to make sure she heard right.

"I was planning on telling her tomorrow, on Valentine's day."

"I thought I was scared to be rejected at first but I realized I was just scared she wouldn't talk to me anymore."

"Will you help me, unnie?"

• • • • • • •

Jennie returned inside when she couldn't find them in the car or anywhere else.

She was listening to Sana talk about Tzuyu when she saw a blank Jisoo and grinning Tzuyu walk down from the stairs.

How did I miss a whole set of stairs?

"We have to go guys, Jisoo will be late for her job."

"...yeah...have to go..."

What's with this mood switch?

Jisoo didn't look back at her once in the car. She also noticed the forced smiles she was sending Tzuyu.

They drove back to YG so Wendy could switch as the driver. Unnecessary if you ask Jennie.

Jisoo brought up her bike to the car, the sound already making Jennie uneasy. Tzuyu stepped out to whisper something to Jisoo before giving her a hug.

They watch Jisoo wave at them before riding off.

"Sooooo where do I need to drop you girls?"

Wendy's upbeat voice made Jennie momentarily forget about Jisoo.

———————————————

Finally! The good part next.