Chapter 10: A Ride

"Hi, excuse me-"

"I'M A MOTHER OF FIVE! PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!!"

She heard a short scream and a thud.

Her bike came to a halt when she realized who the girl on the ground was.

The golden hair that shone under the worn out street lights could never be missed by Lisa.

Rosé.

Remembering her scream caused the fall, Lisa stopped the engine and got off the bike to quickly help the girl up.

She started dusting off the girl when Rosé stopped her and dusted off herself.

This is not how I wanted our first proper interaction to be!

"I'm so sorry! All I saw was your shadow from afar and I also heard your voice. I was scared you were a ghost and the last thing I wanted was to get killed before my cats are in good hands which are definitely not Jisoo's hands-"

Rosé only giggled before giving Lisa her signature smile.

"You're rambling."

Lisa let out a last "I'm sorry." before Rosé finally straightened herself up.

"I'm sorry for scaring you."

Rosé bowed, causing Lisa to let out another series of apologies.

"My friends left without me since I forgot to tell them I had practice today. I was going to call them only to realize my phone was dead."

"I heard your bike and was hoping you would let me borrow your phone."

Seeing Rosé's figure shivering in the cold, she decided to take this chance.

"Do you live in the dorms?"

"Oh no! I live with my parents just over...."

While Rosé was talking about her address, Lisa had taken out her jacket she had stuffed in her bike.

Rosé, who was waiting for Lisa to hand over her phone was confused when she held up her jacket.

"I'll drop you off. It'll take too long to call your friends and then wait another 20 minutes for them to come.

"Oh no, it's totally fine-"

"It's too cold and I can see you shivering."

Her body was sore from practice and she was too tired to fight with Lisa about it.

She decided to just accept it with a tight lipped smile.

She let out a "Thank You" which caused Lisa to smile so bright she felt almost half the street light up.

Maybe I can wait here if she just kept smiling beside me.

Lisa grabbed her bag and helped her get on. She was told to hold on tight.

As soon as the bike started to move, she grabbed onto Lisa.

In a sense of fatigue she hugged Lisa tighter, not even knowing what she was doing to the poor girl.

Rosé couldn't tell you why or how she felt safe falling asleep on a stranger's back.

Her dream of eating Jennie's kimchi fried rice was fading away when she felt her cheek being poked.

Embarrassed to be woken up by a beaming Lisa who was calling her name, Rosé quickly pushed herself off the bike and bowed to her before running inside.

Already missing her warmth, Lisa just drove herself home.

I'll tell Jisoo tomorrow.

She spent the whole night remembering Rosé's hold on her and reliving the feeling of her poking a sleepy Rosé on her back.

• • • • • • •

"The leaves are still crunchy."

"My last one was soggy."

Soojoo had rode to Uni with Jisoo since she basically lives at her place half the time.

Jisoo was stepping on leaves while Soojoo was trying to find out why it was unusually quiet.

"2SOOO UNNIESSSS!!"

Nevermind.

There it was.

The three girls were walking towards them while Lisa was sprinting towards Jisoo.

Already knowing what was going to happen, she stepped to the side for her safety.

Lisa jumped on Jisoo and began to ramble about the dinner she owed her while the others told them about yesterday's events.

By the time the bell rang, Jisoo was updated on everybody's love life.

Except my own.

"So you gave her a ride and she accepted it without question?"

"YES!"

The view of a grinning Lisa caused Jisoo to smile.

Maybe it could work.