Chapter 24: An Apology

It was Monday again.

Soojoo was standing beside Jisoo and Lisa who were parking their bikes.

Lisa and Soojoo slept over at Jisoo's place for the whole weekend. They spent their time playing games, getting drunk and maxing out on discount chocolate.

Jisoo had told the girls everything in detail in the GC. She also told them not to be mad at Jennie.

She guessed it was like the freshman year incidents.

The rest of the girls understood while Bona was still furious and spammed the GC with as many curses as she could. 

"I heard Joy literally dragged Wendy from Yeri. Even Sungjae was surprised."

"I still can't believe all it took was Yeri for Joy to admit she likes Wendy." Jisoo smiled, happy for her friend.

"I still can't believe she got a girlfriend before me! I'm too pretty to be single." Soojoo sighed dramatically.

"Jisoo unnie and I are single too so really anything is possible." Lisa decided to tease her.

"Are you saying I'm uglier than you?"  Soojoo asked in faux shock.

"Your words, not mine."

Lisa and Soojoo chased after each other while Jisoo just walked behind them, thinking about lunch.

Lisa and Jisoo were sitting in class, already discussing their plans for the weekend.

"My shift starts at 8 on Saturday but I'm free this Friday and Sunday."

"Let's just grab takeout and crash at your place again."

"I don't think Soojoo will make it. She said she'll be busy with her report the whole week."

The girls continued their conversation quietly as class started. None of them dared to look in Jennie or Rosé's direction.

On the other hand Jennie and Chaeyoung have been staring at Lisoo, waiting for them to give them a glance.

Tzuyu, who was bored since Sana wasn't here, noticed the staring.

She planned on talking to Jisoo after class but as soon as the bell rang Lisa and Jisoo ran out of class. This routine continued for the rest of the week.

• • • • • • •

Jennie was going to do it today!

She has been trying to talk to Jisoo alone for a week, but she was always with her friends.

Jennie decided to wait by Jisoo's bike afterschool. This was the only spot she knew Jisoo would definitely come to alone.

She looked around to see the almost empty parking lot.

Irene and the others had planned on going out for Friday night with Sana’s friends who just arrived in Korea and of course that means girlfriends are invited.

Rosé skipped saying she had an upset stomach which was very unlike her. Jennie planned on talking to her later.

She looked around to not see Lisa's bike parked next to her as usual.

Did she leave on Lisa’s bike?

No, she wouldn't. She never gets on other bikes.

"Joo too? I told you it wouldn't take that long."

Jennie heard Jisoo's voice come closer to her.

"Fine. I'll pick up Dalgom so we can crash at Lisa's place today."

Jisoo ended her call and approached her bike only to see Jennie waiting for her.

She gulped her saliva, when she saw the same scrunched brows which reminded her of Friday.

I'll stay 2 meters away just to be safe.

Jisoo waited for Jennie to speak.

"...m...rry…" Jennie muttered out

They stood there for a few seconds until Jisoo decided to speak when she couldn't hear her words 

"I'm sorry I can-"

"No! I'm sorry. I really humiliated you in front of half the school just to find out it wasn't even you." Jennie burst out, catching Jisoo off guard.

"When Irene unnie told me about last year, I just wanted to cry. You can slap me back if you want to."

Jennie still kept her head down the whole time but Jisoo could see her tear drops hit the ground as she continued to apologize

Will I get slapped again if I touch her?

"I blamed you for almost 2 years for something you didn't even do. I can't believe I'm still so affected by that one day."

Jennie was running out of oxygen, her cries making it hard to breathe. 

"And every time I saw you on your bike it felt like I relived that day and I couldn't stand it. I ruined your Valentine's day and- " 

Jennie's cry was muffled by Jisoo who had stepped forward and pulled her into her.

As she wrapped her arms around, Jisoo realized how much she couldn't stand to see Jennie cry.

Jennie just sobbed out apologies into Jisoo's chest.

When Jisoo felt her breath even out, she pulled back and smiled at Jennie who was fixing herself

"If you're free right now, maybe we could talk about this somewhere else?"

"I-I think that's for the better." Jennie was already embarrassed by what just happened and decided to go along with Jisoo.

Jennie's eyes widened when Jisoo pulled her bike out of parking and held out her hand to Jennie.

"On your bike???"

"Yes?" A confused Jisoo asked back.

Jennie felt her heart drop to her feet.

"I-is there no other option?"

"I promise I'm a safe driver."

That's not the issue at hand!

Jennie just let go of the breath she was holding as she took Jisoo's hand and let herself be helped on.

I will have to get over it one day anyway so let it be today.

"Okay, now just hold on to me tight. It might be a bit fast."

Jennie quickly wrapped her arms around Jisoo's torso when she heard the last words.

When they had taken off, the speed and sound scared Jennie into tightening her hold and burying her face into Jisoo's back.

Jisoo wasn't sure what the weird feeling in her gut was when she felt Jennie's heat against her body.

Is this food poisoning?

She would occasionally touch Jennie's hands which were glued onto her to let her know she's fine. The little nod she felt on her back told her Jennie was alright.

As they slowed down, Jennie built up enough courage to raise her head from Jisoo's body. Jisoo gently unwrapped her arms and helped Jennie down to bring her into the café.

They found a table at the corner after they ordered their drinks.

Jisoo had excused herself to do something quickly.

Jennie's breath hitched when she looked up at Jisoo who slid back in her seat.

Jennie's ring had obviously scratched Jisoo when she hit her which meant Jisoo wore a bandaid throughout the week (only due to Soojoo's concern).

The flesh-toned band aid that was previously on her cheek was now replaced by a Pikachu one.

—————————

Building the ship 🛳️