Chapter 28: Bar Night

By the end of lunch, Jennie's cheeks felt sore from smiling so hard. Jisoo was hilarious, she made her laugh with her witty remarks and funny gestures.

It was like everytime Jennie looked at Jisoo, she felt the need to smile. So she did.

Jisoo felt accomplished every time she heard Jennie's laughs, which she was very generous with.

She had intended to stay away from Jennie, their fight brought back unnecessary memories she didn't want to remember.

But maybe she didn't mind having Jennie around.

Maybe she could give this friendship a try.

"Goodluck on the report." Jennie sent Soojoo a smile

"Thanks. I'm gonna need it since it's for Mr.Jung's class" Soojoo shot back a quick smile before leaving them.

Lisa and Jisoo insisted on walking Jennie to class.

Mostly because they had the chance to see Mina and Momo on the way, but Jennie didn't need to know that.

"Thanks for dropping me off." Jennie said, mostly to Jisoo, which Lisa didn't miss. "You're coming to tonight's party, right?"

"I'll have to see if I can leave work early and I might be a bit too tired to make it."

Lisa could see Jennie wasn't satisfied with that answer.

"I'll talk to Tae unnie, I can even pick you up." Lisa offered, bringing back Jennie's smile.

"We'll see." Jisoo, who was oblivious to Jennie's actions, answered before leaving with Lisa.

• • • • • • •

Jennie has been sitting here, bored out of her mind. The girls were getting along well, even Bona.

Maybe Bona was getting along a little too well.

Without Seola here and Soojoo sitting at the other table talking to Rosie, Bona was clinging onto Jennie who was too scared to push her off.

"YOU...." Bona pointed at her before pulling on her cheeks. "...are so cuteee!"

Jennie winced in pain as Bona finally let go.

"I'm so sorry, Jennifer." She has been apologizing to Jennie for an hour.

"My name is Jennie." She said blankly.

Where are Lisa and Jisoo?

Jennie had been waiting for the two girls to come in the whole night.

Getting tired and losing hope of seeing Jisoo, Jennie decided to just get drunk for the night.

She downed soju shots like water without a break. Feeling the alcohol hit her at once, Jennie leaned to the side, meeting with Bona's head who winced at the impact.

Quickly leaning towards the other side, she remembered there was no one there a little too late.

Jennie was surprised when she didn't feel any pain from her fall. Instead, the scent of Lavender invaded her space, bringing her back to her senses.

Jennie looked up to see that she was leaning on the girl she had been waiting for the whole night.

"Are we too late?" Jisoo smiled at Jennie who quickly got off her, cheeks glowing red from the embarrassment and alcohol.

Jisoo just smiled before her and Lisa took a third table and started ordering drinks. Jennie was about to follow after them but Mina and Momo beat her to it.

Disappointed, Jennie continued to take shots as she watched Mina and Jisoo talking to each other.

Why are their hands touching? She doesn't need to do that!

Jennie grew tired of the shots and started drinking straight from the bottle.

With the other girls busy with each other, no one was there to stop her until someone finally noticed.

"Woah, let's put that down for now, Kim." Jennie pouted as Jisoo pulled the Soju bottle away from her hands.

Jisoo had been watching Jennie all night. Her eyes unconsciously fell on her every few minutes.

She didn't want to interrupt and ruin her night but the sight of Jennie drinking alone upset her.

"How about some fresh air?" Jisoo lightly pulled Jennie by the wrist and brought her outside.

Jennie wanted to refuse and fight back but her body didn't want to leave Jisoo's side and just followed behind her.

They found a park beside the bar and decided to occupy the swings.

Jennie swung around for a bit until she wanted to get answers from Jisoo.

"Will you promise to answer any question I ask you?" Jennie broke the silence.

"Are we playing 20 questions?" Jisoo smiled at her but she noticed Jennie was serious.

"Hmm...sure." She decided to go with it since Jennie's drunk and she didn't want to upset the drunk girl.

"What's so special about th-" Jennie hiccuped "...those stupid bikes anyway?"

She looked at Jisoo for an answer but she caught her staring at a ring on her finger.

Did her ex get that for her?

Does she go to our school?

Why isn't she answering me???

Jennie impatiently waited for Jisoo's words.

"My dad used to ride a bike and I promised to buy one so we could ride together."

Jisoo looked up and Jennie gulped at the view of her glossy eyes.

"He died in my junior year of high school."