Chapter 23: Seeing Red

Jennie broke out of her thoughts when she heard a bike in the distance. Her ears were still able to pick up the individual sound through the loud night.

She was now running to the parking lot to see if one of Jisoo's friends had returned. By the time she reached, all she could see was the owner walking into the building.

Red hair?

The bike was very familiar so she guessed it's either Lisa, Seulgi, Jeongyeon or Jisoo herself.

She chased after the red hair she could spot in the darkness of the night.

Jennie ran after her using all her stamina; she was still struggling to catch up to her pace.

She had lost her when she reached the stairs. She either left into the classrooms or walked up to the rooftop.

Jennie checked each class individually and even peered into the locked ones. Not finding anyone she ran up the stairs leading to the roof.

She was panting when she reached the top to see the unlocked door to the roof.

Shouldn't this be locked? Even Irene doesn't have the key to this door.

Jennie slightly pushed the door, hoping that it wouldn't creak.

She stepped forward to see the red-haired girl sitting on the ledge, watching the students outside.

Surprised by the sound of Jennie's feet, the girl finally turned around.

Jisoo...

Sitting in front of Jennie was Kim Jisoo with flowing red hair.

Jennie felt her breathing pace up as Jisoo stood up and walked over to Jennie.

She prepared herself to be yelled at or even hit. It's what she deserves after all she did.

"Woah, are you okay?" The red haired girl watched Jennie's uneven breathing.

Jisoo was worried.

Worried about her.

"Did you run all the way up?" She looked around, and behind Jennie to see if anyone else came with her.

Please don't be nice to me.

"I think you should take a seat." Jisoo smiled at Jennie and started walking backwards, hoping Jennie would follow her.

Please just be an asshole for once.

Jennie let Jisoo lead her to her bag and took a seat on Jisoo's jacket which was sprawled on the ground.

Jennie would've preferred to see anything besides the concerned look on Jisoo's face.

Why aren't you mad at me?

She watched as Jisoo called her friends to let them know Jennie was with her.

Jisoo got back to her and grabbed a water bottle out of her bag. Jennie just gulped it down as she watched Jisoo avoid her gaze.

Am I making you uncomfortable?

Jennie stood up to see Jisoo fumbling with her ring as she kept her neck firmly away from Jennie.

"I'm so-"

Jennie was interrupted by the set of fireworks that had gone up.

They both walked to the edge and watched the range of fireworks light up the sky.

Jisoo looked down at the couples watching the sky together. Almost all of them were holding each other.

"Lucky."

Jennie felt herself break when she heard Jisoos whisper. It brought her back to Jisoo's revelation from earlier.

Jisoo liked Sana.

She should be the one here, watching the fireworks with Jisoo.

And I ruined it for them.

When the show was over, Jennie felt Jisoo gaze at her. She was about to start her apology again when they were interrupted.

"JISOO UNNIE!!"

"SOOYAAA!"

Lisa and Soojoo had run up the stairs as soon as they had gotten her message.

Wendy was behind them with Joy who was holding her hand.

Jisoo was now holding onto Lisa who had jumped onto her and Soojoo who was clinging onto Lisa.

"Get off me. We're having a moment." Lisa yelped, trying to shake off Soojoo.

"Shut up. This was supposed to be our moment."

"We're going to have a moment of silence for me if both of you don't get off and stop suffocating me."

Soojoo let go of Lisa who jumped off of a grinning Jisoo.

Jisoo had texted them earlier to let them know she was safe and to stop looking for her.

Seulgi and Jeongyeon wouldn't leave until she reminded them it's Valentine's day and they should be with their girlfriends.

Wendy left while Soojoo and Lisa unwillingly joined the students and roamed through the stalls together. That was until Jisoo called them to let them know Jennie was with her.

Lisa immediately called Wendy, who was surprisingly with Joy and ran here. She hadn't seen Jisoo since the field fight and wanted to make sure she was okay.

The girls were glaring at Jennie who was now by Joy's side until Lisa's loud voice interrupted them.

"UNNIE! YOUR HAIR! I LOVE IT!"

Lisa rushed to play with Jisoo's hair. Jisoo quickly slapped her hand away when she felt her give her try to style it like the girl from "The Rings".

"It suits you, Soo." Soojoo lightly fixed it back.

"Oh...yeah..."

Jisoo was feeling a bit shy. She had picked the colour in a rush and even though Dahyun had told her she looked great she still hadn't gotten a chance to see herself properly.

"...Dahyun helped me pick the colour."

"You were with Dahyunnie this whole time?"

"I just left because I felt a bit...exhausted. I decided to change my hair and met Dahyun at the Salon."

"We dyed our hair at the same time. Look how cute she looks in blonde."

Jisoo pulled out here phone to show Lisa pictures of her and Dahyun together.

"You didn't tell me you're into blondes. Should I go blonde too?" Soojoo teased Jisoo.

"Does this mean I have a higher chance than Joo unnie?" Lisa wiggled her brows at Jisoo who just slapped her forehead.

"Are you planning on cheating on R-"

"Haha, unnie I'm single what do you mean?" Lisa burst out cutting off Jisoo who got the hint.

"Now that Jisoo-ssi is here, Jennie unnie and I will be leaving."

Joy told Wendy to call her before leaving with Jennie who refused to look up at anyone.

The rest of the girls let their friends know that Jisoo was back before leaving for home. They had nothing to do here anyway.

--------

I hate editing cus I usually write at 3am while half asleep :/