Chapter 34: Ferris Wheel

The sun had set and all the lights had turned on.  

The girls called to let them know they were planning to leave in half an hour. 

Jisoo and Jennie were walking round looking for their final ride to get on before leaving for home.  

"Let's just try a claw machine. I want a prize to take home anyway."  Jennie suggested, since all the other rides looked deathly. 

Jisoo dismissed the idea. Jennie was looking around for something to do when Jisoo suddenly grabbed her wrist and told her to run with her.

"I thought you were scared of heights." Jennie wheezed out. 

"There are exceptions." Jisoo shrugged. 

They were standing in front of the line for the ferris wheel. 

"Plus, the lights look great from the top. Soojoo dragged me on here before."

Jennie turned her back on Jisoo hearing the last sentence, confusing her. 

When they finally got on, Jennie sat opposite of Jisoo and watched her walk around in their cart.

"Come on, Jen. Get up and look." Jisoo pulled her up to her side.

Jennie's goosebumps rose when she looked down to see how high they were going. She closed her eyes in fear only for Jisoo to urge her to open them back. 

She winced when she felt Jisoo's breath tickle her ear. They were basically attached to each other.

Did she also do this with Soojoo?

Shaking away her thoughts, she focused on where Jisoo was pointing.  

Jennie felt herself back into Jisoo's warmth. The contact was enough to distract her.

They were met with a mess of lights outside which eased both of their fears.

Jisoo was watching Jennie rather than the extraordinary view in front of them. 

As they moved upwards, she saw the light illuminate Jennie's face. 

She watched her pupils dilate at the sight in front of them. Her eyes moved carefully down Jennie's features and landed on her slightly parted lips.

Jisoo felt her breath shorten, she quickly looked back up so she didn't act on her urges. 

Her heart was suddenly going rabid, it's beat deafened her eardrums. She prayed Jennie couldn't hear it.

Unsurprisingly, Jennie was praying for the same. She hoped Jisoo didn't notice the alarming pace of her heart.

Jennie flinched when she heard Jisoo's short intake of breath. She turned around to see Jisoo look like a deer caught in headlights. 

They were suddenly very aware of their closeness. 

For the first time, Jisoo acknowledged the feeling in her gut that made her nervous around Jennie.

Now at the top of the wheel, they focused on eachother's face. 

All that was there to distract them was the movements of their slow breathing and the sound of their aggressive heartbeats.

A sudden movement from the ferris wheel made them break their staring contest. 

Jisoo let go of a breath she didn't know she was holding onto and rushed back to sit at her seat. 

Jennie let go of the railing, already missing Jisoo's warmth and sat down at her spot, not knowing what to say. 

Once they were out, Jisoo excused herself and left Jennie with the girls.