Chapter 56: Home

I can't hear any sound around me.

Only your voice that cares for me. And my heart which echoes it's beat to my ears.

Jennie forced herself to turn around and face Jisoo. The older girl was already looking at her with a satisfied smile.

As heat started crawling up her cheeks, she buried her head into Jisoo's chest.

And now your heart that beats for me

"Why is your heart beating so fast?" A hint of teasing in her tone.

"You know you caused this." Jisoo resorted to the truth. It did wonders on Jennie's fragile heart.

How dare she make my heart flutter so easily.

"You have to stop that." She muffled her voice further by pushing into Jisoo's embrace.

"Stop what?" Jisoo's impish grin told her she had no intention of admitting to it.

Jennie just rolled her eyes and loosened her hold on Jisoo.

"We should go home. I'll text the girls that we're gonna tend to your arm."

"Yeah, wouldn't want them to think we'll be busy doing something else."

Jennie's eyes grew wide, pinching her, she pushed off the bed and sat up.

Their shuffling brought the nurse back to them. "Are you girls leaving already?"

They nodded and thanked her.

"What about the box?" She aimed the question at Jisoo, reminding her of what she had left here yesterday.

The nurse pointed to the large cardboard box left beside her desk.

Jennie beat Jisoo to grab it. She was about to open it when Jisoo placed her hand on top to stop her.

"We can look at it later." She meekly smiled. "Give it to me, I'll carry it."

"You're injured and my hand is fine." Jennie pushed her hand off and set the box on the bed. She ripped off the tape and opened the flaps.

She teared her glistening eyes to glance at Jisoo's half-hearted smirk.

"I was supposed to give it to you yesterday but too many things happened."

"We can't even use it right now." Jisoo gave her shoulder a look of pity. She was a bit upset with herself now.

Jennie heaved out a sigh.

"Come here." She softly whispered, arms open. Jisoo obeyed, frowning her way into Jennie's embrace.

"Stop pouting. I can feel it on my skin." Jennie tightened her hold on Jisoo.

"You can feel it?" Jisoo teased her with a small kiss, tickling Jennie's shoulder.

Jennie was quick to shove her away. A husky laugh emitted from her, earning a light slap.

"When did you get it anyway?" Jennie traced her fingers over the carved "J.K" on the black helmet.

"I ordered it two weeks ago. Since you're more comfortable riding with me now." Jisoo gave her a smile that warmed her heart. "Wouldn't want my girl to get hurt."

"I never see you wearing yours..." Jennie frowned.

"Because I never get caught." Jisoo attempted to wink. Jennie's chuckle took away her embarrassment.

"Too bad. You're gonna wear one from now on." Jennie picked up the box. "Infact, let's order one on the way home."

Jisoo took away the box from her. "Fine. Wait for me at the front." She slipped away before Jennie could question her, to drop the box off to Wendy.