Chapter 25.

☾*✲⋆

               ☾*✲⋆.✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

-

I frowned at the frustrated look on Flora's face, after having defeated the Army of Decay for now, Flora decided to try and break the dark spell that was casted upon Mirta, to turn her pumpkin self back into a human again but to no avail.

Flora's hands glowed a green color as she put her hands on the pumpkin, muttering spells in hopes that she would be turned back.

"Damnit.." Flora cursed, putting her hands in her hair in frustration when it didn't work, yet again. "I feel like I've done everything."

Musa shrugged casually at that, not fazed by her obvious sad fails. "You might as well toss it in, Flora." 

"Don't say that." I shot Musa look while she flashed me a sheepish smile back while Flora scoffed at that.

"I'm not giving up, I promised to turn her back." Flora's eyes held obvious signs of determination making my lips curl up in a small smile.

"Look, if there's any one of us who can break Icy's spell, it's you, Flo." Musa pointed out in a matter of fact tone. "It's obviously not happening, it would be better for everyone, right Stella?"

"It's sad but true, there's no hope for Mirta as a human." Stella reluctantly agreed but she was lost in her own thoughts. "I don't get why you're wasting time when we already have our hands full, you know, with the whole war going on."

Stella wasn't being mean or anything like that, looking at her teary eyes you could truly see that she felt bad but some people express their emotions in a different way.

It's no secret that Stella literally has issues with her parents, they would always fight and when trying to interrupt their fights because it's getting unbearable, they always retort with; 'Mind your own business' so it's not hard to tell that Stella has a hard time with emotions.

So when I saw the dazed look on Stella's face, I couldn't help but be worried because I knew exactly what she was feeling.

"I think we should find her a nice, sunny pumpkin patch." Musa joked, soon laughing at her own joke and I deadpanned at that.

Stella nodded in agreement at that. "At least that way she will have friends." 

"Stop talking like that!" Flora scolded, not approving the way they are talking, like it's impossible to turn her back. "I'm never going to give up on Mirta!"

"You got this Flora." I encouraged, laying a hand on her shoulder while she flashed me a grateful smile back. "Just try again."

"Mirta agrees." Tecna added, as the pumpkin started sparkling.

"Right!" Flora closed her eyes and put her hands on the pumpkin again, her hands glowing that familiar green color again, showing off her nature magic. "Reach out for me, Mirta!"