Chapter 6.

☾*✲⋆

              ☾*✲⋆.✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

-

The wind kissed my skin but I paid no mind to the sudden cold wind as I knelt down in front of Layla, ignoring the way the sand made my knees hurt or the way the cold was trying to snap me out of my concentration. Being in our Fairy forms tired us all out so we transformed back to our civilian forms but it didn't make us feel safe and I just knew my magic was weaker in my civilian form.

After all, our Fairy form is supposed to enhance our magic.

I held my hands that were radiating with blue energy above Layla as I concentrated on healing Layla but who am I kidding? My healing magic would never be able to bring her sight back or else I would've given every blind person their sight back with my magic.

Not even my Enchantix could do that. I'm a full fletched Fairy, not a Fairy godmother like in those fairytales Bloom always rambles about when I ask her about Earth.

I gritted my teeth in frustration and wiped the sweat off my forehead. How could he? Layla is scared of the dark and now the only thing she sees is nothing but darkness.

Bloom frowned when I shook my head at her, indicating that I couldn't break the spell. "I'm sorry Layla, I wish we could break the spell that Valtor put on your eyes but it's just too strong."

"So I'm going to be blind for the rest of my life?" Layla asked with a look of fear and panic in her now white eyes.

"No.." I laid my hand on her shoulder and gave it a gentle but reassuring squeeze. "No matter how hard it is we'll find a way to get your sight back." 

"You can count on it." Bloom agreed determinedly but Layla still looked unsure that it made my heart sink.

"And in the meantime we will be your eyes." Musa smiled softly at Layla even though she couldn't see, I'm sure those words meant a lot to her.

"We'll be your eyes and watch your back." Flora added on with a look of promise.

"That's right." Tecna nodded in agreement as we all put our hands on top of each other. Despite everything, we will always be there for each other, no matter the situation.

Tears fell down Layla's face as she flashed us a grateful smile. "Thanks you guys."

Musa pointed to the stagnant water and I followed her finger to see bubbles forming in the water and I tensed, already putting my guard up for more zombie mermaids. "Over there, something is in the water!"

Suddenly a mermaid swam out and headed our way but this mermaid didn't look like those zombie monsters we fought.

"She's a mermaid but she's not like the one who attacked us before." Bloom observed with narrowed eyes. "She's not one of Valtor's minions."