[Name]'s Origin. Chapter 26.

Warning: mention of downgrading + cursing and there may be some triggering events so if you don't feel comfortable with the angst, I suggest you skip out on this one.

.

I turned around and faced the person I was dreading the most, I felt my stomach drop as I looked at him, knowing that this wasn't some joke and that this is actually him. An uncomfortable feeling clawed at my heart that hammered against my ribcage.

"You know." He began as his red eyes bore into my own ones. "I envy you. Mother always acknowledged you and pushed me aside, maybe if I killed you I would finally feel better but I decided to kill mother instead."

Everything was starting to go haywire, a lump formed into my throat as I looked back at him. So many emotions at once.

My throat felt dry, it felt like there was a lump that stopped me from breathing the oxygen I need, I felt nauseous yet I tried to push it aside like I always do.

I don't matter, my goal was already set in stone when I stood in front of my mother's grave, the moment I told her that I would train to become a strong Fairy and protect the Magic Dimension.

I don't matter. 

I never asked how he felt, there was always this never ending sadness in his eyes but I never asked. I know I should've but I was a child.

What would I understand?

I felt tears built up in my eyes, I just don't get it anymore, is it selfish to think this all is my fault? It feels like someone is testing me until I would finally end it, like a demon is hunting me until I meet my end.

Why was I born at all? That's what I kept asking myself but hearing my brother say that he wanted to kill me because my mother acknowledged me more? I now wondered why I didn't just end it all.

Those intrusive thoughts were always there but I just pushed it aside, I didn't want to worry anyone but in the end I just made myself believe that no one would care so that I wouldn't tell them about my feelings, to stop myself from saying anything.

"..I'm sorry." I whispered but my voice was strained.

"I hate you." And before I knew it, his fist was heading straight for me but I just stood there, the guilt was eating me alive that I just didn't acknowledge it until I was sent spiraling to the ground.

I tasted something metallic in my mouth before spitting out whatever that was only to see a small pool of red liquid now clouding the ground as I laid on the ground while leaning on my hands.

"This is boring me." Cairo frowned as he looked down at me, his dark red eyes that sent shivers down my spine connecting with mine. "This isn't fun, you told me you would fight me yet you're just laying there, weak and all bloody."

"I'm sorry." I repeated as I finally found the courage to activate my magic, my aura glowing bright in this dark temple. "I'm sorry that I didn't notice earlier that you were suffering."

His eyes widened for a tiny fraction before they turned back to normal. "What would you know?"

"It's clear that I don't know much." I wiped my mouth with my arm and pushed myself up, glaring at him with determination. "But I will do everything in my power to bring you back and that's a promise, brother."

I held my wand out, aiming it at him while he looked over at me in curiosity, not fully believing in my strength.

"You know I wanted to be a Fairy to protect you, Crystal and mother- no I promised that I would and I tend to keep my promises." I determined and for a split second I thought I could see a flicker of his actual eye color again. "Mythic Water Blade!"