XIII

new asgard

five months later

My feet hurried one in front of the other in a quickened pace

My feet hurried one in front of the other in a quickened pace. The grass flattened under my heavy steps and I jumped and skipped quickly out of the way to miss the loose branches and large stones in my way. My breathing began to get laboured as my path became never ending. The June sun streamed on me, perspiration nestled into my brows and my upper lip as I stayed in direct line of the sun's relentless beams. I flitted my eyes back every few seconds but without twisting my head, knowing that I'd loose balance.

"You're loosing," I sang out, calling behind me. I rounded a tree and let out a small laugh as I spun around it, taking the piss slightly. "Shit," I huffed, taking off again in a sprint as they gained on me.

I brought my arms up to tie my long hair back while keeping one eye trained ahead of me and the other behind me. I tugged my hair into the loose hair band I always kept on my wrist and pulled it tight. Tucking the strays behind my ears, I let out a puff of hair, slowing my pace slightly after gaining more distance.

"Come on! You can do better than that!" I shouted out again, pushing them. "Move quick-"

I screamed as the towering tree that was only a few paces in front of me became wreathed with lightning. It crackled and split the bark with a thundering CRACK causing the tree to slam furiously onto the floor. I stopped in my tracks, mouth agape as the leaves rustled at my leg.

Heavy breathing was heard behind me and I rolled my eyes, annoyed at the situation. I didn't say anything as I waited for the person to catch up to me so I stood with my arms crossed and head tilted in the shade of the neighbouring tree which was thankfully the bigger one of the two.

"Well.." he said, panting heavily and bending over to rest his hands on his knees. "I caught up with you, didn't I? That was the goal," he smirked at me, looking up at me, squinting through the harsh sun's rays.

"Wipe that cocky look off your face, Thor," I scoffed, wiping my forehead with the back of my hand. "You cheated so you lost. I win. You loose. Simple."

"Oh shut up," he said, standing up straight. "I caught up to you so I win and you loose. That's the way it works."

"No it does not and you know that so stop getting on my nerves," I groaned, snapping my head back in annoyance. "Now come on. I'm sweating my arse off."

"Oh, yeah, no, we wouldn't want to loose your arse, do we?"

"Well, I was going to offer you entry into my shower later but since you want to be like that, I'm retracting my offer and we're not done today."

"Selene, come on! I was joking," he protested, holding his hands up as he followed me.

"I make the rules, Thor," I said, this time smirking at him. "Let's go to the training ground."