XIX

somewhere in space

Over the next few months, Thor and I journeyed through the galaxy, visiting countless planets and civilisations in search for the remaining two Stones

A few hours after we left Xander, we sat in the pilot seats, having no real destination.

"Any ideas?" Thor asked, hand on my thigh.

"I'm just thinking about the Time Stone," I said, propping my chin on my hand as I gazed out into the glittering darkness that is space. "My best guess that it's already being protected or held by some kind of time-keeper? Perhaps with abilities of some kind?"

"That would make sense," Thor agreed, running circles into the side of my thigh. "It does hold a lot of power. The ability to turn back time."

"Yeah," I hummed. "We will just have to scour the galaxy in hopes of finding something."

Only we didn't.

After travelling between numerous different Jump Points, we found no traces of it at all. It was as if it never existed or was simply held by a singular person for the whole of eternity. It was frustrating to say the least, after successfully confirming the safety of four Stones only to come to a cutting blank wall when it came to the green Stone.

We had no choice but to give up on our futile search for the Stone and turned the journey to the Soul Stone which ended up being on just as a concealed path. This Stone seemed to be shrouded even more in mystery than the Time Stone. We found absolutely no concrete knowledge around it, not even discovering its abilities. Thor had said before our quest that no one had ever seen it nor knew where it was and he was right.

We had reached an absolute dead-end and it seemed like our quest had come to a close with only confirming the whereabouts of four of the six Infinity Stones.

Thor wasn't too upset by this, he didn't believe that we'd be able to get past the Space and Mind Stones but surpassing that, even by two, he was satisfied.

I, on the other hand, was not. I felt the pit in my stomach sink and deepen with each day that passed of us wandering aimlessly through the black abyss. I just felt that there was something wrong and despite Thor trying to convince me that we have done everything we could have possibly done by leaving our duties at home and embarking on this journey but I still couldn't shake the feeling.

During the travel back to Olympus, I laid encompassed in Thor's bulging muscles in the thick of the night. I was pulled into a dreamless slumber, floating off into the clouds of peaceful sleep but Thor certainly wasn't.

I awoke to a strong fist punching me right in the stomach. Breathing out deeply, trying to regain my breath, I pushed myself to the edges of the bed as my blurry eyes were forced to focus in the darkness. My features instantly softened when I realised that Thor was thrashing, tossing and turning with his eyes still firmly closed. He was having a nightmare, a terrible one at that. I crawled back towards him, my hand tentatively reaching out to caress his face to try and calm him down only for his clutched fist to bat my hand out of the way.