VI

sakaar

My heart dropped momentarily as my feet landed soundly on the ground. My eyes blurred, glancing around to try and take in my surroundings. Blinking furiously, the city of scraps came into focus. I stood in front of a towering building made of junk; its great green top starkly differentiates itself from the rest, aside from its sheer size. Sculpted faces of steel were embedded into its red structure. I gazed up at one in particular, looking oddly familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it due to its height.

The city was an absolute chaotic mess yet, I could see there was an odd organisation to it that I didn't understand.

I ducked as an aircraft flew dangerously close to the top of my head. I stared up at it with a scowl painted on my face. This was going to be a fun experience.

Hearing footfalls behind me, I had begun to ask them where I could find the leader of their realm. "Excuse me, would you be able to-" I started in English, hoping they spoke English here. "Oh fuck, uh, never mind," I stuttered out as a huge creature with black, beady eyes bulging out of its tiny alien face roared at me.

I stumbled away, flitting out of its sight so it wouldn't pick a fight with me. That's the thing I least want to do in this bizarre planet. However I only bumped into another person, well I hoped it was a person. My face contorted slightly in anticipation, I angled my head to catch sight of the person only to see someone I would not have expected to see.

Loki.

The deep scowl instantly returned to my face, settling into my features as I recognised that black hair. Whipping out my sword instantly, I trained it to his neck, pressing the point just enough to shock him into stillness but not enough to draw blood.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be dead," I snapped, stepping forwards to make him step back until we get out of the main bustle of the street.  "Where's Thor?"

"What am I doing here? What do you mean, what am I doing here? What are you doing here?" He exclaimed, looking at me with wild eyes.

"Don't push it. You've tried to kill me, multiple times." I said through gritted teeth. "Now, answer the damn question."

"I've been here for two weeks. Thor's only arrived yesterday," he said, whining as I pressed my blade harder against his throat.

"Yesterday, how? Heimdall came to me in my dream, asking for help literally an hour ago?" I asked, confusion swarming throughout me.

"Time works differently here on Sakaar," he said glancing behind me. I turned back, keeping my sword in place, to see a line of guards marching into the tower.

I spun back to him, "You still haven't told me why you're both here or where Thor is?"

"This wizard told us where our father was then he...died," he started and I looked to the ground in sympathy for them both. The Allfather was most definitely a terrible father to both Thor and Loki but I would never tell that to Thor's face. "We were trying to get back to Asgard when we fell out of the Bifrost trying take down our sister that we didn't know about," he snarled, his eyes seemingly flashing back to the incident.

"Hela..." I whispered, remembering how she and her father led the fight against Olympus all those years ago.

"Wait, how do you who she is? Are you telling me everybody knows about her apart from her own brothers? Nice, old man," he rushed, rolling his eyes.

"I don't know, she's part of Olympian history," I shrugged but realisation hit me and I pressed the tip of my sword into Loki's neck, causing him to hiss. "You're saying that you've known that this woman is taking over your home yet you've done nothing about it? That's real class, Loki."