XV

mount olympus

"How long have you known how to fly a spaceship," I asked, my fingers hooked tightly into the red straps of my seat belt as I sat at the co-pilot seat while Thor blasted the ship into the heavens

"Well, I never exactly learnt," he said, his face contorted in concentration as we zoomed to the skies.

"What?" I shouted, snapping my head to face him abruptly. "What do you mean, you never exactly learnt? Why am I putting my life on the line in an intergalactic machine that you cannot even drive?"

"Relax," he said waving me off while pressing a button."I flew one out of Asgard, it was easy. There were no hiccups at all."

"For some reason, I don't believe you," I said, furrowing my forehead. "This is far worse than the Bifrost, I can't even feel my face."

"It'll be over soon...I think," he said, swiping his finger down a panel.

"Oh I am so going to die," I groaned, hitting my head on the back of my chair. "And this is not how I thought I would go out."

"Stop being so dramatic, Selene," Thor laughed. "You will not die."

After a few moments there was a shocking THUD. It echoed in my ears for a few seconds before rapidly fading away and we glided smoothly through the darkness. The front window of the ship turned black.

"I'm dead, aren't I?" I grimaced.

"That, Selene, was us going through the atmosphere. So, no, you are not dead," Thor said, quirking an eyebrow at me.

My eyes grew wide as I gazed at the sight.

Our surroundings were filled with an ominous brittle silence, there was no gravity to hold us down nor was there gravity to zeal our minds. Nonetheless, there was something oddly calming amidst the glistening musical notes of the subtle light adorning from the diamonds of thousands of moons and thousands of galaxies that weaved themselves together to create the cosmic divinity.

"Um, I am pretty sure that I am," I said, shaking my head at the sheer beauty of the sight before us. "How long until we reach Knowhere?"

"Quite honestly, I do not know how this artificial...wormhole...system works..." Thor said, pursing his lips only causing me to groan again. "But, just through flying...maybe two or three weeks..."

"Thor! Three weeks?" I exclaimed, shifting in my seat to face him again.

"Come on, it's not too bad, at least we get to spend it together," he said, trying to coax me into forgetting his lack of skill.

"Hmm, nice try," I said, rolling my eyes but a smile broke through my scowl and Thor was quick to point it out. "We'll have to find someone there to explain it to us. We'll be on this ship forever if we continue across the galaxies like this."