VII

sakaar

"Where have you been? The competition is going to start any second now," Loki demanded as I walked back into the chambers where the Grandmaster's guests stayed

"Out."

It was true, I was out. I had been scouring the rugged streets of Sakaar, trying to find a way to get Thor out of the prisons before the fight. Not that I didn't have any faith in him, in fact, it was quite the opposite but I knew he needed to get back to Asgard more than anything. My duty to help him was just like his arrival on Olympus during the attack of Tartaras.

I found the entrance to where they kept the competitors but it was flocked with guards. I could have taken them but there was not a doubt that I'd be caught with all the security and most likely be killed by that great, glowing orange probe.

"Come on. The Grandmaster is waiting. We don't want to be brutally murdereed now, do we?" Loki said, as if he was reading my mind and walked towards the elevator. I followed closely behind him.

You could hear the roars from far outside the stadium made out scraps just as the rest of the city, excitement bubbling inside each of the spectators to see this great champion in action. The circular arena glowed in the night, as if it was its own ship floating through space. Blue beams of light danced from it, lighting up the aircrafts that hovered above it, settling to watch the fight with the best seats in the house.

Loki and I made our way up to the Grandmaster's box, a secluded area with a wide glass opening to look into the arena. The Grandmaster's announcement with his great, booming voice was barely audible because of the gigantic waves of cheers from the thousands of members in audience.

We stepped though the violent yellow doorway and into the vibrant room. Passing the guards and shifting uncomfortably under their stare, a woman offered me a drink which I gladly took; I was never one to turn down a drink, I guess it was the Olympian in me. Loki smiled at me in enthusiasm which I only returned with a frown, how could he be excited by this.

The hologram of the Grandmaster continued to speak but this time perking my ears. "Making his first appearance," he started and I touched Loki's shoulder gently, this was Thor. "...got a couple tricks up his sleeve. I'll say no more, see what you think." The grey panel slowly lifted and a figure began to emerge causing me to freeze in anticipation to see the man I loved. "Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...Lord of Thunder."

"Oh, your hair," were the only words I could utter when he stepped out into the arena.

The boos and shouts were so overwhelmingly loud, it resembled a war cry. Yet, the sound still couldn't drown out the racing of my own heart. His red cape had been ripped savagely in half, now only billowing from one shoulder. On his back were two sheathed swords and in his hands a great baton and shield. His amour was marked with the same red paint that drew two strips down his face and onto his neck. Short and brown sat his new hair upon his head and as much as I missed his golden locks, I was a fan of this new style, he did look very handsome.