XIII

upstate new york

new avengers facility

I was in one of the guest rooms in the new avengers compound with Thor, packing up my stuff to get ready to go back to Olympus

I was in one of the guest rooms in the new avengers compound with Thor, packing up my stuff to get ready to go back to Olympus. I had bought a plane ticket from New York to Thessaly that was leaving late this evening but Thor was leaving on his quest to hunt down the rest of the Infinity Stones before I left so we merely wanted to spend some time together before we parted. I wish we could have went out, explored New York together for a while, perhaps even went on a real date instead of going out into battle but our lives weren't like that.

"Thor, there should be a bathrobe on the floor in the bathroom. Could you grab it for me, please?" I asked, pushing in the last of my clothes into my duffel bag.

I heard his heavy footsteps enter the room again so I turned to face him only to have the fluffy, white robe thrown in my face, leaving my vision dark.

"Oh real mature, Thor," I huffed, pulling it down off my face which left an array of stay hair to frame my face like an unholy halo.

I shook my head at him as he stood there laughing with his arms crossed so I threw it back at him but of course, he caught it before it could even touch him. He walked towards me and tossed it atop of my open bag before snaking his arms around my waist, locking them on my hips and pulling me into him.

"You are the perfect height for me to rest my chin," he said in that low, melodic voice while his chin sat softly on the top of my head.

"And you are the perfect height for me to rest my head on," I replied, nuzzling deeper into his chest. He smelt of petrichor. So clean and crisp like the mountain air, reminding me of the village but only not as strong. "I'm going to miss you," I whispered, lifting my head to look at him and placing my arms on his muscles. "I don't even know when I'm going to see you next."

"Then come with me," he pleaded, bringing his hands up to my cheeks.

"You know I can't, Zeus would have me thrown to the Underworld," I frowned, rubbing his arms. "Besides, Olympus needs more warriors. The monsters are regenerating twice as fast since Tartarus rose and the amount of Olympians who didn't survive the attack...I need to be there."

"I know, I understand," he sighed, tracing along my jawline with his fingertips.

"Just promise me you will visit if you get the chance," I said, leaning into his touch.

"Look who is asking for promises now," Thor chuckled, leaving the corners of my mouth to twitch upwards. "But yes, I will visit as much as I can."

And so he leaned down and kissed me. Our lips moved in perfect sync, slowly then gathering intensity. I melted into his hold, his hand resting below my ear and my chest thumping against his own. Neither one of us wanted to let the other go, knowing it would mean saying goodbye so we kissed until I had to pull away for air.