VII

A piercing pain shot through my writhing mind as my body smashed roughly on the floor

A piercing pain shot through my writhing mind as my body smashed roughly on the floor. My ears rang, a terribly high-pitched sound from the explosion. I clutched my head, letting out a deep breath to help push myself into a child's pose. My eyes wavered in and out of focus with the unrelenting ringing. Staring at a piece of debris by my shoe, I forced myself to focus and pull myself through the mental tunnel into full consciousness.

"Lady Selene, are you all right?" Thor's husky voice punctured through my pulsing head as he grabbed my hand to pull me up.

"I'm fine," I croaked, picking my bow up from the floor, my eyes flashing black momentarily. I looked around us to see chaos beginning to ensue. Alarms were blaring and shouts of resistance can be heard around us. "I'm gonna go check out where this came from." I said, wiping the dripping blood from my forehead. "You stay here, I have a feeling that these people are here to take Loki."

"Good luck," he nodded, touching me gently on the back.

I ran out back through the rushing corridors, bumping into a few SHIELD agents and hauled myself out to the top of the Helicarrier. I kicked open the door and stepped out into the open air.

I planted my feet firmly and watched, trying not to get blown away as an empty quinjet landed on the surface of the Helicarrier. A loud whoosh caused my to whip my head upwards and I saw another soaring towards me, ready to land beside the other.

"Selene!" Fury's voice filtered through my earpiece. "What's your 10-20."

"There has been a breach," I said, holding my earpiece. "A quinjet has handed and they have made their way in already, I suspect they will be coming for Loki. There is another on its way. I am going to try take it down."

"Copy that. Do you need assistance?"

"I should be good, Sir," I said, looking up at the quinjet as it flew closer.

Gripping my bow, I knocked in an arrow and aimed for the quinjet's engine. Lining my shot carefully, I released my arrow and watched as it punctured into it. It spluttered and slowed causing the jet to tilt dangerously. I lined up another shot as the second engine came into view and released the arrow. It lodged into the engine, bringing the quinjet crashing onto the helicarrier.

I shielded my eyes as shards of metal flew towards me at its impact.

Soldiers, who had been affected by Loki's sceptre, poured out of it, armed.

"This should be fun," I huffed while falling into a run.

Bullets fired towards me, furiously. There was nowhere to take cover so I broke off into a sprint and ducked behind the first quinjet. As my back slammed against the quinjet, a bullet scraped my calf, causing me to hiss in pain. The bullets lodged into the quinjet with a sharp metallic sound, signalling that they were approaching. I drew my bow and inched my head out of protection, releasing three arrows one after the other into the legs of three soldiers. I unsheathed my sword and spun to the other end of the quinjet where the soldiers were dangerously close to me.