Fifty: Teeth Grinding

Just as Namjoon reached the top of the stairs where Taehyung was standing, a message from his alpha sounded in his head.

Meeting in the main room. Everyone except Taehyung, Yoongi and Hoseok to attend. Jungkook will also not be attending.

He knew that their Beta wouldn't attend due to being on guard, and he figured that Hoseok was being kept on patrol outside the house and Cheng would fill him in after. It was obvious why Jungkook was not going to attend.

Glad that Bee was awake, he went back downstairs with a spring in his step until he saw Jimin following Bee into the main room.

He forgot about him; now with a wolf so diluted with human that he couldn't even shift until a true alpha tore it from him. A mutt. Not worthy of an alpha like Bee.

He entered the room and suppressed the growl bubbling up his throat when he saw Jimin help Bee into an armchair before taking a seat on the sofa next to his older sister.

Bee stood and Namjoon could tell she was tired. Her movements were slow and a little stiff, but he couldn't smell fresh blood on her anymore. The rapid, intense healing her body had gone through must have worn her out.

"I, Bee, Alpha of the Nox Caelum pack, welcome Hana and Jimin into our ranks and hereby declare that they are one of us, for now and ever unless I say otherwise,"

The other pack members lifted their heads, all howling and crying out a wolf's welcome. Namjoon did not.

They were part of his pack now, which he didn't agree with, but there was one positive thing to come from this declaration.

Namjoon could challenge Jimin.

Bee looked at Jin, who was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

"Hana is in danger, you will protect her and teach her our ways," She said, "She has to understand pack law and how to control her wolf otherwise she could endanger us all,"

Jin nodded, "Of course, Alpha,"

Bee sat down again, slowly, "Now onto the subject of Jungkook,"

Smoke began to slowly seep from her skin and Hana jumped up, only to be pulled back down by Jimin, who spoke to her quietly, as if he knew what it meant. Namjoon forced his jaw to relax. Grinding his teeth would damage them.

"Jungkook put us in danger and disobeyed direct orders from both me and his Beta. He has already been banished,"

"He's in his room," Cheng said, "He doesn't want to leave, Alpha. And... we need him,"

Bee clenched her fists, relaxing when small flames began to lick at her wrists, "Namjoon, please bring him down here,"

Namjoon pushed off the wall and headed upstairs. Bee still trusted him, which made him happy.

He rapped his knuckles on Jungkook's bedroom door, "Alpha wants you downstairs, now,"

The door immediately swung open, revealing a sad looking Jungkook. The pair walked to the main room, where Jungkook immediately dropped to his knees in front of Bee.

"Please, Alpha," He begged, "Please accept me back. I'm not a traitor, I made a mistake,"

Bee stared down at him.

"Your pack want you here," She said, "Prove yourself to us and don't make the same mistake again. I lift your banishment, ,"

Jungkook let out a small sob and grabbed her hand, rubbing his face on it as if he were a cat to show that he was both grateful and submitting to her. Bee accepted the gesture before once again standing up.

"Daisy, please return to Yoongi. Cheng, you, Jungkook and Namjoon go back outside with Hoseok to patrol around the house until I can figure out a good way to rotate everyone's positions,"

As she turned for the door, Namjoon moved forward, blocking the exit for everyone.

"I issue a challenge," He snarled, looking directly into Jimin's soft brown eyes, "You are not a worthy mate to our Alpha in the eyes of our pack and I will not accept you as our Alpha male unless you can prove yourself,"

Before i single response could be heard, Namjoon felt himself being hurled backwards by a blast of scorching air, hitting the wall outside the door and sliding to the floor as a burning ring of fire just missed his face.

He looked up to see Bee in the doorway, her furious eyes dancing with orange flames and a growl escaping her lips as she came towards him.

—-

AN: I'm pretty sure I gave this pack a name earlier in the book, but I couldn't find it. Sooo, I named this pack Nox Caelum as a tribute to my babe akiasters 😘 (it means Night Sky in Latin)