TwentyNine: Triumph

Bee had sent everyone back to patrolling and Daisy back upstairs with Yoongi to do more research.

Jimin, however, was annoyed at that decision and lack of action and had resorted to pacing up and down the main hall.

Bee watched him with knowing, calm eyes, waiting for him to say what she knew he was thinking.

"Why aren't you doing anything about my sister?" He said finally, coming to a halt in front of her chair.

Bee stood, "Because she is safe with him at the moment. He cannot harm her or she won't love him anymore,"

"She's in danger!" Jimin cried, "They want to kill her!"

"But they can't hurt her until they kill me," Bee pointed out, "Rather than risking a full on battle with unknown numbers, we need to wait and get more information,"

Almost timidly, Bee reached out and took Jimin's hand in hers, "I swear that no harm will come to her. But you're going to have to trust me,"

Bee's eyes were still silver when Jimin looked into them, but for the first time, he saw more than sadness behind them.

"I trust you," He said quietly, slowly pulling a hand free from hers and lifting it to cup her face.

He suddenly had the overwhelming urge to kiss her, and when she lifted her face slightly, he felt as if she was giving him permission. Heart thumping and cheeks red, Jimin slowly lowered his face towards hers, his eyes closing.

He heard her breath catch in her throat, but she didn't pull away, making his heart beat faster. Bee pulled her hands away from him, lifting them to grip the sleeves of his jumper with her small hands and he felt triumph rush through his body.

This was so right.

She was his. His girl. His female. His mate.

Jimin's eyes snapped open at the thoughts rushing through his head. Bee was still waiting, eyes closed, but he ripped free of her grasp, stumbling backwards so fast that he landed on his backside.

Shocked, Bee's eyes opened wide, looking down at him. Suddenly, shame flashed across her face.

"I burned you?" She said quietly, "I didn't even know I was heating up,"

"Y- You didn't," Jimin stammered, scrambling to his feet, "I just- I- I'm sorry, I need to talk to Taehyung!"

"Ah-" Jimin ran from the room before Bee could answer, leaving her feeling hurt and confused, standing alone in the middle of the main hall.

He crashed face first into Namjoon, who was coming into the house unclothed, once again landing on his ass.

"Watch where you're going," He growled at him, stepping over his legs and heading upstairs.

"You alright?" Jimin looked up as a shadow fell across him. Hoseok stooped, pulling him up by his arm, "You look like you've seen a ghost- Where is Alpha?!"

"She's in the hall still," Jimin said,
Noting the sudden panic in Hoseok's voice, "Where's Taehyung?"

"He's on guard duty out front," The wolf replied, "Why?"

"Thanks," Jimin quickly rushed out of the front door, immediately regretting not picking up his coat. It was freezing outside, and snow was beginning to fall.

"Taehyung?" He called out quietly, "Are you there?"

A few moments after calling out, a large wolf appeared from the bushes. Taehyung transformed back to human and trotted to Jimin, looking concerned, "What's wrong?"

Jimin blushed, glancing around to make sure nobody else was around, "Can we talk?"

Taehyung paused for a moment then nodded, "I asked Hoseok to take over for me. Come on, let's get inside,"

—-

Jungkook was patrolling alone around the edge of Bee's land. Technically, he shouldn't have been, but since somebody had to stay guard at the intruder's door in the manor, they were short on paws.

He was strong enough to look after himself, though, so wasn't concerned. Jungkook was the only pack member who could have taken out Namjoon and Taehyung in a fight to become the Beta male, but he didn't have the ambition to lead. He liked his freedom.

Jungkook came to a halt, flexing his paws as he shook the build up of snow from his coat. He lifted his muzzle, sniffing at the air as an unfamiliar scent floated towards him.

His ears perked up as a sound was carried by the wind and he felt his lips peel back, revealing his enormous canines.

He could smell a female. But she wasn't part of his pack.

She did not belong in their forest.