FiftyThree: Watching

As soon as Bee entered Kaleigh's room with Taehyung and Jungkook at her back, the female slid from the bed and kneeled on the floor, keeping her eyes low as a sign of submission.

Although Taehyung had been against Jungkook joining them, he had not argued; and to Jungkook's credit, he did not look upon the prisoner with any kind of familiarity or friendliness.

"Fire wolf," Kaleigh said, "I have information to give you,"

"In return for what?" Bee's voice was cool and calm, but not bored. That surprised Taehyung a little, but he hid his reaction.

"I beg that you allow me to remain your prisoner,"

His surprise to that statement also shocked Taehyung, but this time he didn't hide his surprise.

Bee, however, was just as calm and cool as before.

"I suppose this has something to do with the information you have for me?"

Keeping her eyes lowered, Kaleigh nodded.

"Tell me what we don't already know,"

Kaleigh took a deep breath, "I was sent here to seduce one of your males and rip the pack apart from the inside," She started, "As you already knew. When you were weakened and fighting, my Alpha would attack and capture you to take you-"

"To his lair where he would sacrifice both Hana and I, stealing my power," Bee finished, "I told you to tell me something we don't know,"

Kaleigh hesitated, "Including our Alpha, there are eight of us. You have two of us here and you killed Jooheon. He only has five wolves with him,"

"So few?" Taehyung said quietly.

Kaleigh looked at him briefly, "Wonho kills those who disobey,"

Bee turned for the door, "Give Taehyung the address of Wonho's home and his patrol details. Then I will honour your request,"

She left the room and the female took a deep breath of relief. Jungkook, however, crouched down beside her.

"If you have lied to my Alpha in any way, I will kill you myself," He growled.

—-

Chankyun had been watching the house downwind from a safe distance. It was obvious that the fire bitch's pack was scared, as they were sticking close to the house. However, there had been no signs of fighting between them, which meant that Wonho was going to be disappointed.

Disappointed Wonho meant that someone was going to hurt. When Wonho had found out that Hana was gone, Shownu was lucky to be alive.

Chankyun's ears pricked and his nose picked up the terrifying scent of the very Alpha he had been thinking about. He immediately dropped low, keeping his eyes on the floor.

Report. The sandy coloured wolf was impressive, even among wolves. He was by far the biggest wolf that any of them had ever seen, even bigger than the two wolves Jungkook and Namjoon in the fire bitch's pack - and they were large.

His golden eyes were sharp and showed his intelligence and the power behind each and every one of his muscles was evident.

They are sticking close to the house, Alpha. No fighting.

Kaleigh has failed me, then. Chankyun felt a shiver run through his bones. Kaleigh would probably die for such a failure.

Keep watching the house. Wonho continued, I'm going to get the woman they kidnapped in half an hour. We have the advantage, they can't reveal me to her without revealing themselves.

—-

Cheng raised her muzzle, breathing in deeply as the winds changed just a little.

Do you smell that?

Namjoon came up beside her, dwarfing her with his huge frame.

Just a bit. He replied, They are watching us.

I will report to Alpha, Cheng said, turning her sleek head towards the house.

No, Namjoon turned the other direction and trotted away, Don't give away our advantage. Keep to your post, you don't need to physically be there to tell her.

He quickly disappeared around the aide of the house and Cheng felt her heart pump a little harder. Was she that scared of the other pack that she forgot basic fundamentals of being a wolf?

Alpha, I scented some of the other pack. Cheng sat back down, surveying the area carefully.

Bee's reply was immediate, How many and how far?

I don't know, the wind changed a little and I only got a small scent. Maybe one, not too close but not far enough away for comfort.

Jungkook and Taehyung will join Namjoon and Hoseok outside. Can you come and make some food for everyone? We all need to keep our energy ip.

Yes Alpha.

Cheng relayed the orders to Hoseok and Namjoon before heading inside, grateful to do something that both helped her pack and distracted her.