Thirty: Permission

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asked Jimin once the door to his bedroom was closed.

Jimin hesitated. He knew that the wolves had good hearing and he really didn't want anybody else to hear him. Taehyung waited patiently, however, until Jimin finally worked up the courage to speak.

"Ok so," He started, knowing that his cheeks were pink, "I kinda... Really like Bee,"

Taehyung smiled, "Yeah, I figured. Is that why you're worked up?"

Jimin shook his head, "No, uh," He took a deep breath, "We nearly kissed,"

"Oh," His friend smirked, "Did you now?"

"I was leaning in, she had her eyes closed, everything was going so well,"

"Okay," Taehyung said, "I'm sensing a but. Why didn't you go through with it? Did she burn you?"

Jimin shook his head, "No, she-" The look of hurt on Bee's face flashed into Jimin's head, "She thought she did... But she didn't,"

"So?" Taehyung sat down on his bed as Jimin began to pace, "Why did you stop?"

"I don't know how to explain," Jimin said, "It was weird... The closer I got to her the more right it felt... Then..."

Jimin stopped and slowly turned to look at Taehyung.

"Then?"

"Weird thoughts," Jimin said quietly, "That... Bee is my female... And my... My mate,"

Taehyung's jaw dropped, "Wait... What?! Jimin, you can't have thought those things, you're not a wolf!"

"I know!" Jimin cried, "That's why I freaked out! I just left her standing there!"

Taehyung groaned, "Okay, so we have weird wolf-thoughts coming from a human and a possibility furious and/or humiliated Alpha who controls fire. Perfect,"

Jimin froze, panic surging through his body, "I didn't mean to humiliate her!"

Taehyung stood up, clapping a hand on his shoulder, "Then we need to talk to her,"

—-

Jungkook followed the scent of the female until he came to a halt in front of a small injured wolf at the base of a tree.

State your name!

His lips were already pulled back, showing his sharp teeth.

The female whimpered a little, shuffling to face him but keeping her head low.

I'm sorry! I didn't mean to trespass! They chased me here and left me to die!

He growled, I said, state your name!

The female whimpered, lowering her head further, Kaleigh. My name is Kaleigh.

Jungkook moved closer, sniffing the air around her. She smelled of blood, suggesting that she really was hurt but there was another scent mingling with hers.

He recognised it as the scent of the wolf that they had been trailing.

Wonho.

—-

"Bee?"

Jimin timidly went back into the main hall, where Bee was still situated. She didn't turn to face them but even the sight if her back was proof enough to Jimin that she was upset.

"What is it, Taehyung?" Bee skipped over the face that it was Jimin who called her name, making his shoulders slump sadly.

"We need to talk to you," Taehyung answered, "About what happened with Jimin,"

Bee finally turned around, her eyes blazing, "What about it? It's not the first time a male has left me disappointed. You of all people should know that, Taehyung,"

"Wow, ouch," Taehyung said, "That was unnecessarily harsh to me, Alpha," He pushed Jimin forward gently, "Tell her what you told me. Maybe she can make sense of it,"

Jimin's eyes widened and he turned to look at his friend, "Right now? In front of you?!"

Taehyung rolled his eyes, "I'll wait outside the room for now, then,"

Once Taehyung had left, Bee turned her flame filled eyes towards Jimin.

They stood in silence for a moment; Jimin trying to gather his courage to tell Bee what he had told his friend.

"Get on with it," Bee snapped finally, "I don't-"

"I like you," Jimin blurted, louder than he expected, "I like you a lot,"

Bee's face went from angry to shocked. She then turned bright red before a look of confusion settled over her features, "Then why didn't you kiss me?" She asked, her voice strangely unsure.

"Because," Jimin took a deep breath and stepped closer to her, "It felt so right. But the closer I got to you, the weirder my thoughts got,"

Bee frowned, "What do you mean?"

"I thought... I was adamant in my heart and my head that you were..." He cleared his throat, "That you were my female and my mate,"

Jimin ducked as flames shot out of Bee's body in a ring originating from her chest. Her face was as red as the fire but Jimin was too busy trying to avoid being set alight to pay much attention.

A second later, Taehyung rushed into the room, crying out for her to take a deep breath.

After a tense (and hot) few moments, Bee gained control of herself and the flames died out.

She cleared her throat, "You can't think those things," She said, her face red and her eyes averted, "Because you haven't asked my permission for me to be yours,"

"Yeah," Taehyung said, "That's not the issue, Alpha. He's thinking like a wolf, but he's human,"

Bee froze, her silvery eyes looking back over at Jimin, "That," She said quietly, "Is correct. How do we explain that?"

"Maybe Yoongi can find out," Taehyung suggested, "You can both speak to him while I go back on patrol. I don't want to be burned again,"