FiftyOne: Challenge

The rest of the pack had ducked just in time. Jin had thrown himself onto Hana and dragged her down to the floor and Jimin had joined them until the air was clear of flames.

The room was scorching hot, air dry with visible heat waves radiating from the Alpha's body. Jimin ignored that, jumping up and rushing to Bee just as the chair she was previously sitting on burst into flames.

"Bee!" He called her name as she stalked towards Namjoon, wanting to reach out to touch her but worried about her reaction when he got burnt.

Bee ignored him.

"How dare you, Namjoon?" Her voice was barely more than a growl, "How dare you challenge him just as he was welcomed into our pack? How dare you assume that you can choose my mate?"

"Bee-"

"I am the Alpha!"  Her voice boomed around the room, making even Daisy and Hoseok - who were trying to put out the fire - hesitate.

She leaned down close to him, his skin turning red from the heat, "Know your place,"

"Bee!" Jimin yelled and the blonde finally turned to look at him. He moved closer to her, ignoring the heat, "Take a deep breath," He said quietly, "Please? You're going to burn up the house,"

Bee's smouldering eyes slowly seeped back to her usual icy grey and the heat in the room died down.

"I'm sorry," She muttered to him.

Jimin smiled, "Just take some breaths. We are all unhurt,"

The sound of a throat being cleared caught their attention.

"I hate to say this," Cheng said, "But an official challenge was declared, it must be answered,"

A growl rippled up Bee's throat as she turned her head to Namjoon, who was already on his feet, "You waste our precious time in this situation to issue challenges, yet you say you are loyal to our pack,"

Namjoon seemed to flinch a little, "Even so, I won't retract the challenge,"

"Very well," Bee replied, "But as a new wolf, Jimin will be given a champion. You are a coward for challenging someone unable to fight against you, Namjoon," She turned to Jimin, "Choose who will take your place,"

Jimin looked around the room. He knew this challenge was because Namjoon hated him, but if he lost, he wouldn't be able to be with Bee confidently. He would just be in fear of more challenges.

His eyes landed on a quiet power. Jimin was well aware of the fact that Jungkook was able to beat Namjoon. Jungkook was stronger and faster and when he had first asked about these students, all that time ago in the car, Yoongi had told him that Jungkook was the strongest in a fight.

However, it wasn't him he was going to pick. He wanted to pick Bee, as this was about her, but knew that he wouldn't get any respect that way.

No, this person was the best choice.

"Will you fight in my place?"

Jimin was actually a little intimidated by the grin that spread across Taehyung's face.

"With pleasure," He growled, standing up straight, "I'll always have your back, city boy,"

Namjoon actually seemed to deflate a little.

Bee took a deep breath, the exhaustion evident on her face, "Taehyung and Namjoon will fight once the moon hits the sky. Everyone else, get to your positions,"

—-

As the rest of the pack exited the room, Jin helped Hana to her feet.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

She looked at him with wide eyes, "She set the room on fire,"

"Almost," Jin agreed, "She does that sometimes. Jimin has actually helped reduce the amount of fire we have to deal with, though,"

"That guy wants to fight my brother!" Hana exclaimed, "Wonho wants to kill me and I'm now part of a pack of wolves!"

"It's a lot to take in," Jin said, "But-"

Hana suddenly shifted into the form of a wolf, much smaller than most of the other members of the pack. Her fur was mostly dark brown but she had some tan and white patches thrown in random spots on her body.

Jin crouched down and gently pet her shoulder.

"I know it's a lot to handle, but you'll get used to it. Besides, you're prt of our pack now, we are all here to support each other. Can you try and shift back?"

A bunch of images hit him, followed by one word that helped him understand immediately what her concerns were.

Naked.

"Alright," He stood up, "I can get naked too, if it will make you feel better?" He grinned, "Or I could get you some clothes?"

The angry images and sounds coming from the wolf made him laugh, "Okay, clothes it is. Still, you should get used to being naked. It's completely natural. Stay here, I'll be right back,"