Thirteen: Earn It

"Wait!" Taehyung called after Bee as she swept from the room, "I already told you that Jimin has nothing to do with this!"

"He knows what we are and another wolf was scented at his home," Bee said cooly, "My order still stands. You can stay in your room for now,"

Taehyung turned back to Jimin with a sigh as the blonde left, "I'm sorry, Jimin," He jerked his head, "Come on. My room was this way... If it hasn't been trashed,"

Taehyung was surprised to see that his room was how he had left it.

The photos of his parents were still in their frames on his bedside table and all his belongings hadn't been touched.

He was happy to see that his belongings were still where he left them.

Jimin came into the room and gingerly sat down on the desk chair. It was clear that he wanted to ask questions but didn't know how to go about it.

"I guess you want answers?"

"What the hell is going on?!" Jimin cried, finally letting go of his emotions, "We were kidnapped by a group of people who can turn into wolves! They think I'm some kind of enemy! And they hate you! What the hell is going on?!"

"Okay," Taehyung calmed him and sat down on his old bed, "I know there's a lot to take in, but take a deep breath first, I don't want you to pass out again,"

Jimin did as he was told and Taehyung nodded.

"Right, well, you're right. They are wolves. Bee is their Alpha - the white wolf you saw before,"

"Did... Did you know that when you dated her?" Jimin asked, trying to wrap his head around the idea.

Taehyung smiled a little, "I did. I'm a wolf, too,"

Jimin stared at him blankly, "What?"

"I'm a wolf, too," Taehyung repeated, "It's why I'm always warm and why I have no problem being barefoot in snow,"

"B-But... But... You.. What?!"

Taehyung sighed, "I'm sorry for not telling you, Jimin. Yoongi doesn't know, either. We aren't supposed to let outsiders know,"

"Okay, okay," Jimin took another deep breath, "Where are your parents?"

"Far away," His friend replied, "None of us have seen our families in a long time. As soon as we were old enough, we were sent away to start our own pack. In our case it was..." He trailed off a little before resuming, "Because of what Bee is, she couldn't stay. So they sent us with her. She became Alpha by fighting for it. She was born for that position, but in a wolf pack, you also have to earn it,"

"I'm sorry," Jimin said, surprising Taehyung, "It must have been hard for all of you,"

Taehyung let out a soft huff of air that was supposed to be a laugh, "Yeah, I guess it was,"

"So what happened?" Jimin asked, "Why aren't you in the pack anymore? And what is Bee?"

Taehyung stood up, scraping his fingers through his hair, "It's complicated," He said, beginning to pace a little, "But connected. See, Bee is cursed. She was born able to create and control fire,"

"That sounds cool," Jimin remarked, "I wouldn't call it a curse. But I guess I don't know the details,"

"She has a hard time controlling it," Taehyung continued, "And one day, the pack across the mountains contacted me telling me that I can remove the curse. That night, while she was sleeping, I tried their method," He sighed, "It didn't work. It seared to her skin, causing her so much agony. It wouldn't come off, and she began to fit as it got hotter and hotter-" He cleared his throat, "The pack heard her screams and Daisy managed to get the Medallion off. While Bee was unconscious, Namjoon and the rest chased me out. She called them off but I've had to stay away from them,"

Jimin's eyes widened, "That's horrible,"

"Yeah," Taehyung sighed, "I just wanted to cure her, but... I don't know," He shrugged and sat back down, "I didn't mean to hurt her,"

—-

Bee could hear the faint voices of Taehyung and Jimin through the wall that separated their bedrooms. She wasn't listening in on purpose, until she heard the human boy speak.

"That sounds cool, I wouldn't call it a curse. But I guess I don't know the details,"

Her eyes widened and she lifted her head, her heart rate increasing. She had never had anybody in her entire life say that her power was cool and didn't sound like a curse.

She made a note to talk to him privately, with nobody else around. Maybe he would be the one who could help her.