Four: Pain

Bee woke up with a start. Her dream had been full of bad memories and nightmares, but she was alone in the bed with nobody to comfort her. Since Taehyung, she wouldn't allow anyone to stay the night with her. She trusted her pack, but her heart just wouldn't allow it.

Although she didn't technically feel anything other than slight sexual attraction to Namjoon, she had allowed him to sleep in the bed next to her once, and it had not worked out well. The first time he tried to wrap his arm around her to hold her, she had set the bed on fire and burnt his arm and the entire front of his body by accident.

No, it was clear that she should sleep alone. However, despite the bad dreams, it felt nice to be alone. Since the incident, she had been so crowded by her pack - Namjoon in particular - and the only alone time she got was when she was sleeping. Sometimes he even wanted to join her in the bath, but that was probably because he wanted sex.

Bee could feel herself growing irritable and decided to get out of bed and not risk burning anything. At the meeting they had held in the main hall the previous night, Jin and Hoseok had revealed that they had found out where the medallion that Taehyung had used had come from, and she had caused a fire just from getting angry.

Another pack, on the other side of the mountains, had given it to him claiming that it would "cure" Bee of her curse. Instead, it had fused to her skin and began to drain her of her life. It was only able to be removed because Daisy had thrown water on it. She was still left with the scar.

As she wandered through the halls of the old manor, she could see the smoke coming from her skin. She was born this way; able to control and make fire. It had been unstable since the medallion and Taehyung, but she didn't understand why everyone was so fixated on curing her of the 'curse' instead of just accepting who she was and trying to help her control it. She didn't know why she was like this, she just knew she was.

A quick look at the clock showed that it was half-past three in the morning. Her pack were all asleep, so that meant that she could be alone for a while.

All the wolves slept without clothes due to their natural body heat, and they were all accustomed to seeing each other in that state, due to the fact that when they changed forms, their clothes did not change with them.

This meant that it would be easier for Bee to go for a run without anybody knowing she had left. 

She opened the front door, taking a deep breath as she took in the crisp, cold air of the night, bathed in moonlight.

Bee took off running towards the trees, before leaping into the air and diving forward headfirst. When she landed, it was on four paws, attached to strong legs and a large, sleek body. She kept running, barely touching the snow-covered floor as she sped into the trees with no aim to where she was going.

The moonlight glinted off her pure white coat as she sprinted through the forest, resisting to lift her muzzle and howl at the moon with pure glee.

It felt good to be free.

---

Jimin yawned and rubbed his eyes. He groaned, finally pushing himself upright. He couldn't sleep, still. He had been in this new home for just over two weeks and was comfortable here, but sleeping was still difficult for him. 

With a sigh, he kicked his legs over the edge of his bed and stuffed his feet into a pair of fluffy pink bunny slippers that he had swiped from his sister, before padding down the stairs quietly so as not to wake his family.

He headed straight for the kitchen, squeezing his eyes shut as he flicked the light on. Once he had gotten used to the brightness, he moved to the kettle and switched it on. It didn't take long for it to boil, so he made himself a cup of coffee and moved to stand by the window, looking outside into the darkness. 

Their garden backed onto the huge forest (much like a lot of the houses in this town) and it was bathed in moonlight, which gave it a beautiful, if not somewhat eerie, hue. He sipped his coffee, relishing the peace and quiet of this hour until something caught his eye.

Trotting slowly across the treeline, at the back of their garden, was an enormous white dog. No, not a dog. It was a wolf. Jimin had never seen anything so beautiful, and his breath caught in his throat as it passed the halfway mark of the garden.

It stopped, perhaps realising it was being watched and turned it's huge, beautiful head to face him. He felt a shiver rush up his spine as a pair of silver eyes met his and was suddenly overcome by sadness.

This wolf was hurting - it was clear in its eyes. Jimin wasn't sure how he knew, he had never even seen a wolf before, but he did know. It was in pain.

After a moment, the wolf turned and jumped over the small plants at the edge of the forest, silently disappearing into the trees.