Fifteen: The Way Of The Wolf

Jimin jumped to his feet but once again he was cut off before he could speak.

"I'm getting sick of this," Bee sighed, also standing up, "You've forgotten your place and your manners, Namjoon,"

Namjoon looked over her head at Jimin, a low growl coming from his throat, "If he touched you, I'll kill him!"

Jimin yelped and jumped back as a blast of scorching air erupted from Bee. He could see that her eyes had changed colour to the orange and red he had seen before, but this time, there were tendrils of black smoke curling up from her skin.

"Alpha, I-"

"Outside," Bee growled, "Now,"

"Alpha, I'm sorry, I-"

Bee's hands became engulfed in flames and Namjoon stepped back before turning and sprinting down the corridor. Without looking at Jimin, Bee slowly followed.

Jimin rushed from the room, his heart pounding. He threw Taehyung's door open, surprised to see that his friend was already standing.

"Taehyung, something's happening, I don't know what but-"

"I know," Taehyung said, putting his hand on Jimin's shoulder, "Bee just called us all to the front of the house,"

Jimin frowned, jogging a little to keep up with Taehyung's wide stride as he followed him out of the room, "How?"

"It's a wolf thing," Taehyung replied, "An Alpha has more range than other wolves, but essentially it's like talking directly into someone's head. Wolves don't speak like humans do,"

"Oh," Jimin had no idea what to say. Everything had happened so quickly and he was still confused.

"So what's going on?"

"I don't know," Taehyung answered, "But she sounded angry,"

"Namjoon-"

"Say no more," Taehyung sighed, "I get it,"

When they arrived outside, Jimin was shocked to see that Bee was naked in the snow. However, a thick black smoke was seeping from her skin still, dissipating as it slowly rose up into the air.

Namjoon was stood opposite her, also unclothed, but his body language was different to usual. He wasn't standing straight and proud, he was sort of hunched over and seemed afraid.

The other members of the pack were also outside; some as wolves and some as humans.

"Alpha, I'm sorry," Namjoon dropped to his knees, surprising Jimin. He had come across as proud and aggressive, yet he was acting this way in front of the rest of his pack.

Reading the surprise on Jimin's face, Taehyung leaned over to murmur to him, "Pride has no place in front of an Alpha waiting for a fight,"

"Fight?!"

"I'm sick of hearing apologies and seeing no change," Bee replied, her voice even and calm, "If you want the position of Alpha, then you will have to earn it,"

"I don't want to challenge you, Alpha," Namjoon said, still on the ground.

"Then you will learn your place,"

Bee rushed at him suddenly, leaping into the air and shifting into the pure white wolf that Jimin had seen at his home. Namjoon also shifted and rolled to the side. Bee landed where he was a split second after he moved, but immediately turned and rushed at him again.

Namjoon rolled again, but this time, he rolled onto his back, stretching is head out and exposing his neck and stomach to her.

"He's submitting," Taehyung informed Jimin, "He won't fight her,"

The white wolf stood over the larger wolf and grabbed him by the throat with her sharp teeth. Namjoon let out a small whimper but otherwise remained still and silent.

After a tense moment between the pair, Bee let go and stepped back. She turned and walked back towards the house, shifting to her human form as she did so.

"Hoseok is now second to me," She said, "Any arguments I will accept as a challenge to my authority,"

Bee's eyes were still full of the dancing flames, and just as she came level to Jimin, their eyes met.

Jimin swallowed nervously and she turned away, continuing into the manor.

Jungkook grabbed a pile of clothes from the doorway and followed her inside. The wolves outside dispersed, going back into the trees while the humans all went back into the house, leaving Namjoon laying on the snow alone.

"Come on, it's too cold for you out here," Taehyung said, pulling Jimin.

"Shouldn't we help him?" He replied, looking at the black wolf, "He-"

"No," Taehyung said, "It might sound harsh to you, but that isn't the way of the wolf. Besides, it would only make him angrier. His pride is hurt,"

"You said there was no place for pride in front of an Alpha," Jimin pointed out.

"He isn't in front of the Alpha anymore. Come on, let's go inside,"

—-

AN I slept very VERY badly last night and am incredibly stressed. Sorry if the chapter sucks