Nineteen: By Himself

Jimin had been in the library helping Yoongi while Taehyung was sitting bored at the table, constantly sighing. Yoongi had sent him away after a while and not long after he left, Bee came into the library.

"Have you found anything?"

"Not yet," Yoongi replied, "But there's a lot of books to go through, so I'll find something soon,"

Bee hummed, "Alright. Jimin, come with me,"

Jimin stood up and followed Bee down the stairs to the main room, where most of the pack (including Taehyung) were waiting.

Bee sat down on the armchair as Jimin sunk down onto the sofa next to Taehyung.

"Where are Hoseok and Cheng?" Jungkook asked, leaning on the back of Bee's chair, "I mean, it's not like them to ignore a call from the Alpha,"

"I saw them outside, last," Daisy said, "They were talking about something,"

"They aren't answering," Bee sighed, "Someone needs to go and fetch them,"

"I'll go," Jimin offered, standing up. He knew that the pack hadn't quite accepted him yet, but for some reason, he wanted to be helpful to Bee. 

Taehyung looked at him incredulously before also standing, "I'll go, too, then-"

"I don't think so," Jin scoffed from across the room, "What if you try to run away?"

"They won't," Bee said, "Jimin can go by himself,"

Jimin, pleased that the blonde had stood up for him, quickly left the hall and went out the front door. He was hit by a harsh reminder of how cold it was outside and pulled his hands into the long sleeves of the jumper that Taehyung had lent him. 

He was still wearing his boots, however, so went down the steps and stood in front of the manor.

"Hoseok?" He called out loudly. When there was nothing but a rustle in the bushes next to him, he turned, walking towards them and leaning through the leaves, "Hoseok?"

A low growl rumbled up from the leaves and Jimin stumbled back quickly with a gasp, "It's me, Jimin! Bee-"

Jimin yelped as a large grey and white wolf leapt out over the bush, landing in front of him. While stepping back, Jimin slipped, landing on his backside and scrabbling backwards. He didn't recognise this wolf - he was sure it wasn't one of the pack. 

However, being faced with an unfamiliar, extremely large wolf growling at him rendered his voice worthless. He couldn't even call for help.

The wolf tensed, lowering its body just a little and Jimin flinched, knowing it was about to leap at him. It pushed off the ground, sailing right at him, but in the highest point of its jump, a white wolf crashed into it with a loud snarl, sending it flying backwards. A moment later, a brown and white wolf lept into the fray, grabbing the intruder by its throat and pinning it down as it snapped its jaws at Bee.

The rest of the pack gathered around the downed wolf, surrounding it and Bee switched back to her human form, reaching out to help Jimin up from the floor. He kept his eyes on her face, noticing that her eyes were red and orange with flames. Her hand was extremely hot, but he pretended it wasn't until she let go of him and turned, her body smoking angrily as she stared down at the wolf. 

The brown and white wolf that was pinning the intruder down switched to his human form and he looked just as angry as Bee.

"Where the fuck is Hoseok and Cheng?!" Taehyung growled, using his hand to yank the downed wolf by the scruff of its neck onto its feet as the other wolves also switched.

"They will be dealt with," Bee's voice was cold, in complete contrast to the heat of her anger. She turned to Jungkook, "I know they are around here. Find them,"

Jungkook nodded once and returned to his wolf form, taking off into the trees. Daisy followed after him and Namjoon took over from Taehyung as he moved to Jimin.

"Are you hurt?" He asked his friend.

Jimin shook his head. He was still a bit shaken by the ordeal but had stopped trembling.

"Shift," Namjoon growled at the wolf, who snarled and snapped at him. Namjoon grabbed the wolf by the muzzle, holding its mouth shut as he leaned closer, "I said shift,"

After a brief standoff, the wolf shook Namjoon free and shifted into a dark-haired guy who looked to be around the same age as them.

"Bring him inside," Bee said, turning and walking back into the manor, "Jimin, come inside,"

Taehyung threw his arm around Jimin's shoulders and led him back into the house after Bee, "You're lucky our Alpha got there," H said quietly, "I don't know what would have happened if she didn't,"