Chapter 3

Previously on Chapter 2

"Hey..." Senku said, placing a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head to look at him. "It'll be alright. At least, we have each other now. We'll 10 billion percent going to get through this" he said, smiling softly at me. I smile back at him. Yeah... at least I'm not alone anymore. I have Senku by my side.

-Working On Reviving-

Y/N P.O.V

I packed all of my belongings, because I'll be moving with Senku. It'll be better if we stay in one place. He told me that he have built a lab and shelter. While I only have my shelter. That's why we chose to move to his.

"You have everything?" Senku asked. I turn to look at him and nod my head. "Yep... I don't really have that much stuff anyway" I said. He hums and nods his head. We start making our way to Senku's camp. I'm really curious what his camp would look like.

Eventually, we reach his camp. My eyes widened at the sight in front of me.

"This is your lab?" I asked, turning to look at Senku

"This is your lab?" I asked, turning to look at Senku. He let out a chuckle. "Why of course..." he said. I let out a hum. He gestures me to follow him as he make his way inside. I follow along and enters the lab. I can see the shelves is filled with petrified birds.

I turn to look at Senku. "Why are you collecting petrified birds?" I said. He turns to look at me. "I'm working on figuring out how to make a revival fluid. I'm 10 billion percent going to revive every single human being and bring back the modern world" he said.

"How exactly are you planning to do that?" I asked. He gestures me to follow him. "Speaking about that. I want to show you something. Follow me" he said. I just follow along as he walks towards a certain direction. Knowing him, he wouldn't tell me where we're heading to. So best choice is to just follow along.

***

Eventually we reached a cave. I can smell a weird stench coming from the cave. "What's that smell?" I said. He turns to look at me. "The main ingredient of the revival fluid. It's a miracle water" he said. "Well, it smells like a mixture of bat poop..." I said. He let out a laugh.

"That's because it is. It's nitric acid..." he said. I pale at the revelation. "That's... disgusting" I said. "Well, that's science... there's other stuff that's much worse than this" he said, laughing at my reaction. I let out a sigh, knowing he's right.

"Come inside..." he said. "Ahh... no thanks" I said. "It will be worth it, trust me" he said. He turns around and walks inside. I let out a sigh and follows him. My eyes widened when I notice a statue.

"T-Taiju..." I said. I walk towards him and kneels down. "I've placed him here for the past 5 months. But he's showing no sign of waking up..." he said. I turn to look at him.

"Maybe there's something missing from the fluid" I said. He nods his head at my comment. "Yeah. If only we have alcohol. It'll quickens the process..." he said. I place my hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sure we'll figure something out..." I said. He smiles and place a hand on top of mine. "Yeah. Let's keep trying" he said, smiling at me. I wrap my arms around him.

He gently wrap his arms around me. I place my chin on his shoulder as he tighten his arms around me. I close my eyes, letting myself melt in his embrace. It's so warm... being this close with him feels so warm. Looks like my feelings for him still stays. Despite all the times that have passed. I still love Senku.

Time-skip

I'm currently sitting under a tree as Senku is cutting some branches for our tree house. I can hear rapid footsteps coming closer to where we're currently at. I move to stand up and prepare myself in case it's a wild animal.

But instead of a wild animal, it's a human. My eyes widened as I realize who it is. "Taiju..." I said. He stares back at me in shock. "Y/N!!" He yelled. He runs towards me and pulls me into a hug. I wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

"So you're finally awake, you big oaf" Senku said, from his spot in the tree. Taiju pulls away from me and turn to look at Senku. "Waaahhhh! You're alive, Senku!!" He yelled. He jumps towards Senku and try to hug him. But before he have the chance to, Senku kicks his face.

"Don't hug me when you're buck naked! I'll kill you!" He yelled, with his feet on Taiju's cheek. I let out a laugh at what his reaction. "Come on, Taiju... let's make you something more proper to wear" I said. Senku gets down from the tree and the tree of us head back to our campsite.

Back At Camp

"So... what are you eating?" Taiju asked after he have dressed. I turn to look at him. "Basically anything that we manage to find. Mushrooms... just plants. Occasionally meat if we're able to catch them..." I said.

"Well, Y/N did most of the hunting. She's incredibly skilled when it comes to hunting. She's a skilled archer..." Senku said. I blush at his compliment and looks away.

"Stop with the compliment. I'm going to burst" I said. He let out a laugh at what I said. Taiju stands up. "From now on... I'll help with searching for food to make up with your hard works" he said. I smile at him he turns around and rush off.

I let out a laugh at Taiju's energy. He didn't seem to have a limit when it comes to strength. I turn to look at Senku, to see him staring at me.

He quickly looks away when he realize I've caught him staring

He quickly looks away when he realize I've caught him staring. I just stay silent, not wanting to make him feel awkward. I have to remember that he likes someone. Once we rebuilt the civilization, Senku will be with the girl he loves. I should try my best to bury this feelings for him.

Suddenly, I feel something dripping down my nose. I lift my hand and wipe it. I move my hand and realize it's blood. My eyes widened at the sight.

"S-Senku..." I said, with a trembling voice. He turns to look at me. His eyes widened at the sight. My eyesight slowly starts to get blurry. "Y/N!" He said. He rushes towards me as I start to fall. He catches me in his arms.

Senku P.O.V

"S-Senku..." I hear Y/N said. Her voice sounded shaky. I turn to look at her. My eyes widened when I notice her nose is bleeding. Her body starts to sway a little. "Y/N!" I yelled out. I rush to catch her as she start to fall.

"Hang in there, Y/N. Stay conscious!" I said. She just give me a weak smile. Her eyes rolls back and she falls limp in my arms. "Y/N! No... no no no. Y/N wake up! I don't like this, Y/N... wake up!!" I said, shaking her body. But she's not responding.

Why did her nose suddenly bleeds? Nose-bleed normally happens when it's high temperature or during the dry season. But it's not dry season. It's close to spring. Is she stressed? Depressed? What's happening to her?

Please be okay, Y/N...

*to be continued*