Chapter 108

Previously on Chapter 107

"I love you too... I'll make it back to you. Even if it's the last thing I'll do..." I said, after we pull away. He just hum at what I said. He pulls me closer, hugging me tightly as if this will be the last time we'd share a hug. I close my eyes and bury my face into the crook of his neck. I promise, Senku... I'll come back to you.

-Temporary Goodbye-

Y/N P.O.V

The others were surprise when Senku told them he had agreed to let me participate in the cutie selection. I can't blame them with that though, considering how against the idea Senku was. But they seem happy nonetheless, because the chances that we'd be able to succeed to get the petrification device have increased significantly. Well, in their opinion at least.

Amaryllis help me with my makeups. I just sit there as she apply the cosmetics on my face. It's been so long since I last apply any sort of beauty product on my face. Well, not that I did much anyway. But back in the days, when it was a special occasions, I would wear makeups to be more presentable.

I change into the dress that Amaryllis is so kindly lend me.

I walk towards where everyone is gathering

I walk towards where everyone is gathering. They turn their heads to look at me. Their jaw drops once they saw me all dressed up. I smile softly at them as I lift my hand in a small wave.

"Wahhh!!! Y/N-Nee is SO pretty!!!" Suika yelled out. I just let out a soft giggle at what she said. I gently rub her watermelon rind. She grins at me, making me smile. I turn my head to look at Senku who stands at the furthest back. He has a small smile, but he can't hide the frown.

I walk passed everyone to get to him. "Hey, Senku..." I said, in a soft voice. He turned his head away from me. I notice the small frown on his lips. I let out a sigh when he still refuses to look at me.

I slowly lift my hand, gently cupping his cheek. I turn his head to look at me. His eyes held an emotion I can depict as sadness. I frown at the sight as I continue to caress his cheek.

"If you're still reluctant in letting me participate in this selection. Then just say so. I'm won't participate if it makes you feel uneasy" I said, in a soft voice as I gently caress his cheek. He just stares at me for a few seconds. He let out a sigh and lift his hand, gently placing his hand on top of mine.

"I'm not gonna lie, Y/N. It does make me feel uneasy, knowing that you'd be among the girls that would be chosen for the leader's twisted desire for harem. But, I can't hold you back... especially since it's for the sake of achieving the knowledge about the petrification. For the sake of humanity. But just... can you promise me that you'd be careful? Don't let that stupid leader touch you in a way only I can, okay?" He said.

"Of course... after all, I belong only to you. This belongs to you, and always will" I said. I lean up, placing my lips against his. He wraps his arms around my waist. He pulls me closer as he cup my cheek, deepening the kiss.

We pull away from the kiss. He let out a sigh as he leans his forehead against mine. "Please be careful..." he said, in a hushed voice. I smile softly and nod my head. He smiles sadly at me as he pulls me into a tight hug. "And please make it back to me..." he whispered.

"I will, Senku... but, what about Byakuya? Who's going to feed him?" I asked. He pulls away to look at me. He notices the worried look on my face. He cups my cheeks as he smiles reassuringly.

"I'll send in a gadget every now end then, complete with some tools. You can send your breastmilk for Byakuya. So don't worry about that, okay? Just focus on watching out for yourself, and try your best to not get caught, alright?" He said. I smile softly at him and nod my head. Of course, Senku would already think ahead before I could even think about it. He always does. I expect no less from my dear husband... the science genius.

He places a soft kiss on my forehead and hesitantly lets me go. "Are you sure you're okay with this?" I said, giving him one final chance to change his mind. If he said I shouldn't, then I wont. But he smiles at me and nods his head. His hand slowly releases mine, as he seems hesitant to let me go. "Hey... I love you, Senku" I said.

"I love you too..." he said, smiling at me. I turn my head to look at Byakuya who's in Gen's arms. I walk up to him and gently scoops up my son in my arms. He stared at me with his doe eyes. Senku walks over to us, gently placing his hand on my shoulder. "I'll take good care of him, don't worry..." he said. I turn to him and smiles softly.

"You're such a good boy... mama won't be long okay? I will be back before you know it, honey" I said. He just stares at me with curious eyes. I feel myself tearing up at the thought that I would have to be separated from my son for a while. "Listen to your papa, okay? Mama love you, sweetie..." I said.

"M... Mama... Mama!" He said. My eyes widen in surprise. I turn my head to look at Senku who also looks surprised. Our son has uttered his first word. I tear up slightly as I smile happily. I lean down, gently placing a soft kiss on Byakuya's forehead.

"Yes, honey... it's mama. Be good, okay?" I said. He let out a gleeful laugh and claps his hands. I turn to face Senku. He walks over to me and gently takes Byakuya from my arms. Byakuya makes grabby hands at me, wanting me to hold him.

"Mama is sorry, Byakuya. But Mama has to go..." I said, smiling sadly at him. Senku smiles at me and gently peck my cheek. I smile at him and turn to the others. "Alright then. Bye, everyone..." I said. They said a quiet bye as I walk away with Kohaku, Amaryllis and Ginro.

I feel a hand on my shoulder as we walk further away from the cave. "If it's too hard for you... you don't have to come with us. I'm sorry for forcing you into this..." Amaryllis said. I turn to look at her and lightly shakes my head.

"You didn't force me into anything. I made this choice on my own. This is to help Senku achieve his goal and I'd do anything..." I said. She just gives me a sad smile. I turn my head to look forward.

My heart felt heavy because I have to leave Byakuya and Senku behind. But I'm sure they'd be alright. I'll see them again once we obtain the source of the petrification beam. After all, this just a temporary goodbye.

*to be continued*