Chapter 8

Previously on Chapter 7

"I just want to help you and Taiju in every way I can. I don't want to be a burden..." I said. I blink slowly as my eyes flutters close. The last thing I remember is Senku saying something, then everything went dark.

-He Can't Be Trusted-

Senku P.O.V

I lift Y/N's hand and gently place my hand on her wrist. I should at least know from her pulse. I close my eyes as I focus. Her heart is beating quite fast. But nothing seem out of the ordinary. In other word, she'll be fine.

"She's okay... she's just in shock" I said, letting out a sigh of relief. Taiju let out a sigh of relief next to me. I turn my head slightly and notice Tsukasa staring at Y/N's figure. I don't like the way he's staring at her.

"We should probably head back to camp... we need to let Y/N rest properly" I said. Taiju nods his head in agreement. He reaches out to pick Y/N. I stop his hands.

"No... you take care of Yuzuriha. I'll carry her" I said. "Can you?" Taiju said. I gently place my hand behind her knees and one on her back. I slowly pick her up. I smile and nod my head. She's not that heavy. But even so... at some point, I'll feel tired.

"I can manage..." I said. If I can't carry her... that means I'm going to have to let Tsukasa carry Y/N. But I don't trust him with her... no way.

"Let's get going now..." I said. They nod their heads. I gently adjust Y/N's body, so she won't fall out of my arms. I'm going to protect her... no matter what it'll take. We turn around and slowly make our way to the direction of our camp.

***

Y/N P.O.V

I open my eyes and notice the trees moving. Wait... moving? Trees can't walk. That's when I realize my body is being carried, and my head is leaning on a shoulder.

I pull away slightly to see who it is. "Senku..." I said. He turns his head slightly at the sound of my voice. "You're awake... you scared me, Y/N" he said. I just give him a small smile.

"Sorry..." I said. He shakes his head, as a sign that I shouldn't apologize. "Looks like you haven't fully recovered yet. We can't let you do too much work now..." he said. I pout at him. "Then that means I'll be useless..." I said. He shakes his head as he gives me a stern expression.

"No... stop saying that! You're not useless, Y/N..." he said. I just let out a sigh and stayed silent. I bury my face in the crook of his neck. I want to walk, but I'm sure my legs would give out on me.

I'm surprised that Senku could carry me. He gained some muscles over the time we worked, huh? I glance over Senku's shoulder to see Taiju leading the new member. Shishio Tsukasa.

I furrow my eyebrows at him. I soon realize that he's wearing the lion's skin. I still can't believe that he manage to kill a lion single handed... and all it took was only a punch.

His eyes flickers slightly and he turns to look at me. Despite his huge muscled body. He have some sort of gentleness in his eyes. But we still need to be extra careful because we know nothing of this man. We can't let our guard down.

But as of right now, I don't think it's a problem to be friendly with him. But if he shows just one reason that he's going to be a threat, I won't hold back. If he tries to hurt Senku and the others. I will not stand back. So let's just wait and see. I give him a smile. But he just keep staring at me. I place my head on Senku's shoulder again.

Time-skip

Tsukasa went all out when he hunts for various of animals. I'm impressed at how much power he have. But also wary. In a Stone Age like this... we won't stand a chance against him without a proper back up or weapon.

Senku is currently smoking some fish. He said it's to clean the meat from any sort of bacteria. After that, we can finally have a proper meal for the first time after waking up from petrification.

Tsukasa turns to look at me as we eat around the bond fire. "Hey, Y/N..." he said. I turn to look at him. "Yeah?" I asked. He lift his hand and points at my waist. I look down to realize that he's pointing at my flute.

"That's a music instrument, right?" He said. I nod my head. "Yeah... a flute" I said. "It's been a while since we hear a proper music, isn't it? Do you mind playing a melody?" He said. I look at him in surprise. I smile softly and unstrap the flute from my waist. I bring it close to my lips and close my eyes as I start to play.

I open my eyes when the melody comes to an end. I turn to look at Senku as he stares at me. His gaze on me is unwavering. I start to feel flustered as he stare at me intensely.

"Why're you staring at me like that, Senku?" I asked. "Why? I'm only enjoying the music... you're really talented. You know that? Music will be one of the things we'll revive for sure" he said, smiling at me. I can feel my cheeks slowly turning red.

I look away from him as an attempt to hide the blush on my cheeks. Damn it Senku... I'm trying so hard to push this feelings for you away. But you're making it difficult for me.

Nighttime

I woke up in the middle of the night. I notice all the guys are asleep. I slowly make my way out of the treehouse, because I need to make something. A strong man like Tsukasa... it won't be enough to just take him out with archery. We're going to need more.

I start to gather some bamboo and begin to work on them. I know a weapon that is light, but have a good speed. Even if he manage to dodge a few, he'd surely get hit once or twice. No matter how strong or how fast you are... you can't avoid this weapon.

After a while, I'm finally done. I lift it up to inspect it. I smirk to myself. It's all ready. Tsukasa won't have a chance against this. Although, I highly hope that I don't have to use it. But if he gives me a reason or shows a sign that he might hurt my friends. I'm not going to hold back. If it ever comes to that. Let's hope it doesn't.

*to be continued*