Chapter 20

Previously on Chapter 19

"T-Thank you... for warning me" I said. He just nods his head. "It's the least I could do" he said. He closes his eyes and falls asleep. I scoot away from him and leans my back against the wall, deep in thought. This is so bad.

-Tradition-

Y/N P.O.V

Kohaku is currently training Kinro and Ginro. They will be participating on the Grand Bout. It's better one of them, than Magma. If Magma is to become the village's chief. We can forget about curing Ruri from her illness.

Kohaku turns to look at Chrome who's sitting by the window of his hut, seemingly deep in thought. "Hey, Chrome..." Kohaku said. I turn to look at Kohaku, wondering what she wants to say.

"I'd really prefer to train you more than anyone. But Kinro and Ginro are the only ones who have a chance of defeating Magma. I'm sorry..." she said. Senku walks forward.

"Yo, Chrome. She's being all "sorry, sorry!" about our plan to get Kinro or Ginro to marry Ruri because you're in love with her" he said. I give him a straight face. "Senku, seriously. That's not nice" I said, while hitting his shoulder lightly. "You're as brutal as ever" Kohaku said.

At Night

"I'm plan on participating in the Grand Bout. The Kingdom of science team, with Kinro, Ginro and I... will do whatever it takes to stop Magma's victory" Kohaku said. I'm currently making some new herbs paste for Gen's wound.

"Hey, Gen, are you all right?" Chrome said. I turn to look at Gen as he still breathes heavily, even though he said he's doing better. "I'm trying everything I can.. but with the limitation of the source. It'll be hard" I said. "His recovery is going to take a long time at this rate..." Kohaku said.

"Which means..." Chrome said. "Yeah... we have a short time limit before Tsukasa comes to kill me"Senku said. I turn my head to look at him. I can feel fear slowly creeping up. I clench my hands into tight fists.

"Y/N... calm down. It's going to be alright. We'll think of something" Senku said, noticing my rigid form. I just turn to look at him and gives him a weak smile. He smiles softly at me. I really don't want to see him get hurt again.

***

"Oh Crap!!!!" Chrome's voice makes me jumps awake. I turn to look at him. "What are you yelling for??" I said. "Gen's vanished!" He said. My eyes widened as I turn to look at where Gen is laying to see it's empty.

"Yeah, I'm sure he went back to Tsukasa..." Senku said, while picking his ear. "How can you be so calm about this?! You're not even a millimeter worried that he might tell Tsukasa that you're alive??" I said. He turns to look at me.

"Y/N's right. This is bad, Senku. We have to go after him" Chrome said. Kohaku turns around. "We have to catch the bad bastard, quick!" She said. She start to run.

"Hold it!" Senku said, moving in front of Kohaku. She runs into him, causing the two of them to fall with Kohaku on top of Senku. My eyes widened at their position. I can feel my heart aching. But this isn't the time to act upon jealousy. This is an emergency.

"Why are you stopping me, Senku? We have to catch the bat bastard!" She said. Senku just let out a laugh. He looks so calm. What is wrong with him??

"If Gen really didn't have a millimeter of interest in science, he never would have cooperate to begin with. He'd already made up his mind on who's side he was on when I made electricity" he said. Kohaku finally gets off. Senku moves to stand up.

"But as a superficial man, he has his superficial ways of saving face..." he said, with his hand on his hips. Kohaku let out a sigh. "Men are such a pain in the as, in any era..." she said.

"So Gen's joining the kingdom of science?" Chrome said. "Yeah... I'm sure he'll wander back like nothing happened" Senku said, with his eyes closed. Kohaku lets out a laugh.

"Looks like the first battle between the Tsukasa empire and the kingdom of science, the fight for Asagiri Gen, ends with a victory for the kingdom of science" she said. Suika grins happily at what she said. "Gen is a good person after all!" She said. "Yeah!!" Chrome said.

"In the world's flimsiest alliance, bound by a single bottle of cola..." Senku said. I let out a laugh. "Welp, we better prepare it..." I said. Senku let out a laugh too.

"All right, damn it. I'll have to apply science to make Gen a ridiculously chilled bottle of cola in time for when he gets back" he said. I let out a giggle and nod my head in agreement. I guess Gen's the least of my worry. We have to focus on the Grand Bout and make sure Magma didn't win the competition.

Time-skip

Senku and Chrome wants to take the next step. But before that, they need to make some glassware since the clay pot won't hold it anymore. They'll need to use a lot of chemicals.

"Plus... we can finally see the real face of Detective Suika..." Senku said. He turns to look at Suika, who visibly shivers in fear. But before she could react. Senku yanks the mask from her face.

"Wait, Senku! Suika didn't want her face to be seen!" Kohaku said. She rushes over and yanks the mask from Senku's hand. I focus on Suika. She's SO cute!!

"Have a look..." Senku said. Kohaku turns to look at Suika. She practically have hearts in her eyes. "Wow, Suika... you're perfectly adorable!" She said. Suika turns to look at us and starts squinting her eyes. I furrow my eyebrow in confusion.

It turns out that Suika's a nearsighted. That's why she have to wear the mask. Senku said it's the pin-hole effect. He gently explain to Suika that it's not a disease or a defect.

"So... we're going to make Suika glasses to make her see better?" I said. Senku turns to look at me and nod his head. "Yes... but first, we need to look for the materials" he said.

"Quartz sands?" I said. He grins and ruffles my hair. "Bingo... 10 billion points for you" he said. "Hey!" I said, removing his hand from my head. Which make him laugh softly. I roll my eyes and cross my arms across my chest, pouting because he just messed up my hair.

Senku P.O.V

I watch as a small pout appear on Y/N's lips. She's really cute. My feelings for her just keeps growing. But I still don't know if she feels the same way. Man, I'm able to solve a lot of things. But why can't I solve this. Love is much more complicated than I thought it would be.

*to be continued*