Chapter 38

Previously on Chapter 37

"Instead of being a threat. They're potential hostages to them. They'd be smart to take the opportunity of having hostages. Isn't that right, Senku?" I said. He turns to me and smiles. "Yeah... we're going to make cell phones to use a preemptive strike that'd take down Tsukasa. The problem is... time is limited as of now...

The deadline is spring

-Sweet-tooth-

Y/N P.O.V

I stand back as Senku starts to draw the things we need to create for the cell-phones. He looks so focus on what he's doing, so I just stay silent because I don't want to distract him.

He stops drawing once he's done. I stare at the road/map and start to sweat nervously at the side of the long map.

"Woah

"Woah. That's a lot of things..." I said, staring at the roadmap. Senku let out a laugh as take a couple of steps back, until he's standing next to me. He wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"Oh, don't worry, Y/N. I'm sure we'd be able to pull this off. Have you ever doubted me?" He asked. I turn to look at me. "No... of course not. I believe in you, Senku" I said, smiling softly at him. He smiles and places a soft kiss on the side of my head.

"Soo? What should we start first, professor?" I said. He let out a laugh at the nickname. He smiles at me. "We need to prepare a few things first before we can start building our cell phone" he said. I let out a soft hum and nod my head.

***

"It sure makes a different having so many people to help..." Chrome said. Everyone is either carrying tree barks. Other is helping with different things. There's so much of things going on around us. Everyone are so busy.

"It's all because Senku won the seat of the village's chief" Kohaku said. I nod my head in agreement. "Yeah... everyone is giving their hands in helping us" I said.

"Good news indeed... we're taking on a huge task of making cell phones in the stone world. There's a mountain of hurdles we need to clear" Senku said. I nod my head in agreement at what he said.

"Oh, yeah!!" Chrome suddenly yelled out. I jump at his sudden outburst. Senku let out a laugh and catch me before I could fall. I turn to look at Chrome as he stares at Senku with excitement.

"Tell me how it lets you talk to people really far away! C'mon, tell me! Hurry up!!" He said. Old man Kaseki joins in with equal excitement. "Hurry up and tell me!" He said. I laugh at their excitement.

"They're sure are excited..." I said. Senku let out a sigh. "Give us some space! You're getting way too excited" Senku said. He let out a sigh as he still wrap his arm around me. I wrap my arm around his torso.

"Listen up, your voice is a vibration of air. That vibration at a diaphragm, and it produces a super tiny electrical current in rhythm with the vibration. The current is way too small, of course, as you blow it up. For our purposes, we're using a vacuum tube. Then, we send it around and around in circle, which sends it flowing in a wave of power. That's called a radio wave. The listening side just does the exact opposite" Senku said. I let out a nervous laugh. As much as I love science. I could never keep up with Senku's intelligence.

"O-Oh! I got about half of that!" Chrome said. "I got none of that" Old man Kaseki said. Gen have a weird expression on his face. "This conversation's so high IQ, it's making my head hurt. What exactly are we going to make first?" Gen said. I turn to look at Senku waiting for his answer.

"The first thing we're making in our giant science project is... a cotton candy machine" he said.

"Cot..."

"...ton"

"Can..."

"... dy?"

Everyone said in confusion. But Gen have a dead-panned expression on his face. I couldn't tell what he's thinking. But I got a picture. He must think how the conversation went from something so serious like making a cell-phone, to something so simple like cotton candy machine.

Senku starts explaining why we need to start with cotton candy first. Since golds are precious, we need to start with something like sugar. Which is easy to make. We can't afford to lose precious minerals like gold.

"The centrifugal force pushes the molten sugar through each holes, and creates thin strands. With those thin strands, you make cotton candy" Senku said, finishing his explanation. I let out a soft hum after he said that. I'm starting to understand.

"But what do you think would happen if you use gold instead of sugar?" He added. Chrome thinks about it and grin. "We'll get gold threads!" He said. I grin at his answer.

"Correct! Then billion points" Senku said, clapping his hand. "Oh, like the wires in electronics. The conversation's IQ is finally going up" Gen said. I let out a laugh at what he said.

"I knew you were thinking about that when Senku reveals we're going to make cotton candy machine" I said. He turns to look at me and smiles. "Guess you'd make a good mentalist too" he said. I just shrugs my shoulders. "Maybe... but I have a dream of my own that I want to achieve after we manage to restore modern civilization" I said.

"And that is?" He asked. "Musician..." I said, smiling proudly. "Ahh... okay. Do you know how to play the music instruments?" He said. Senku chuckles at his question.

"Don't underestimate her, mentalist. She masters all the musical instruments. This girl is such a music geek" he said, ruffling my hair softly. I pull his hand away from my hair and pout at him. He laughs and nudges his nose against mine. I blush at his sudden affectionate gesture. I bury my face with my hands, earning a chorus of laughter from everyone. Sheesh, since when Senku learned how to be so bold?

***

Ginro and Kinro are now pulling threads from each end of the cotton candy machine. I can tell that's going to be hella tiring for the brothers. But we've got no other way.

"What's that fluffy stuff?" Kohaku said. "Man, it smells so good" Ganen said, sniffing the scent. I smile at him and turn to Senku. I hold out the stick to him.

"You try..." he said, smiling at me. "What if I mess up?" I said. "Just try..." he said. I let out a sigh and nod my head. I place the stick inside the machine. The strands of sugar starts gathering. I start to move the stick around.

"It's so white... it looks like cloud" Suika said. I smile softly and hands the cotton candy out to each of them. They take a bite and starts to tear up. I grin happily, knowing they find the cotton candy good.

"Here you go, Y/N..." Senku said, handing one to me. I take it from him. "Thanks, Senku" I said. I take a bite and sighs out in content. Wow... this brings back memories. I was always been a sweet tooth when I was little.

Senku let out a laugh at my reaction. "What?" I said. "You look like a little kid having candy for the first time" he said. I gently tear a little piece of the cotton candy. "It's delicious, Senku. Try it" I said. He gently hold my hand and take a bite. My finger make touch his lips a little. I blush at the action.

"Why are you getting flustered with your boyfriend, Y/N?" He said. I puffed out my cheeks. "Don't tease me!" I said. "Fine... I won't. For now~" he said, with a smirk. I roll my eyes. He chuckles and place a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes, kissing him back. God... I love this man so much.

*to be continued*