Chapter 4

Previously on Chapter 3

Why did her nose suddenly bleeds? Nose-bleed normally happens when it's high temperature or during the dry season. But it's not dry season. It's close to spring. Is she stressed? Depressed? What's happening to her?

Please be okay, Y/N...

-What Happened?-

Senku P.O.V

"Y/N... oi, Y/N! Wake up!! Come on!" I said, patting her cheek. I clutch her shoulder, not too tight since I don't wanna hurt her. I grit my teeth in frustration. I don't know what's going on with Y/N. For the first time, I feel so hopeless. More hopeless than having to survive alone.

I hear footsteps coming closer towards us. I turn my head to see Taiju. He drops his basket when he sees what's going on. He runs towards me and kneels down.

"What happened?" He asked. I shake my head. "I don't know. Her nose suddenly starts to bleed" I said. He stares at Y/N with a worry gaze.

"We should take her inside..." Taiju said. I nod my head in agreement. We need to make sure Y/N is comfortable. He picks her up and makes his way to the tree house.

"How do we get her up there?" He asked, turning to look at me. I look around the place and start to create a makeshift lift. We climbs up the treehouse. Taiju will use his body weight to move the lift up. I will take her and get her inside.

Once the lift is lifted up. I pick Y/N's body and make my way inside the treehouse. I gently lay her down and cover her body in blanket. Taiju enters the house a while later.

"Is there any way we can figure out what happened to her?" Taiju asked. I turn to look at him. "Without my equipment? No... and we're stuck in the Stone Age. It will be hard for us to find a proper treatment for Y/N... we can only hope that she's going to be fine" I said, shaking my head.

"She will be! Y/N's a strong girl! I'm sure she's going to be fine" he said. I turn to look at him. He have a serious look on his face. I close my eyes and smiles. "Well then if you're sure. Then I'm 10 billion percent sure that I'll be able to find a way to cure Y/N" I said. He grins and nods his head. "I believe in you, Senku" he said. I give him a small smile. I turn to look at Y/N and gently grab her hand.

Y/N... please hang in there. Please stay alive. I'll try everything in my power to find a cure for you. I will make sure that you'll get better. Until then... please stay strong. I don't want to lose you. I love you, Y/N.

***

Y/N P.O.V

I open my eyes and realize I'm inside the treehouse. The last thing I remember is blood coming out from my nose. Then everything went black.

I feel something wet on my forehead. I lift my hand and take it to see a wet animal skin towel. Did I have a fever or something? What's happening?

"Y/N... you're finally awake" someone said. I turn my head to see Taiju. "Taiju..." I said. He walks closer to me and kneel down. He makes me lay back down and place the towel back on my forehead.

"Keep it there... you need it. You have a high fever, Y/N..." he said, confirming my suspicion of having a fever. I just follow his instruction, stay laying down with the towel on my forehead.

"I'll go get Senku. And I'll change the water too. Do not move, okay?" He said. I just nod my head. Taiju stand up and walks out of the treehouse. I let out a soft sigh. "Being sick at a time like this. I might not make it out alive..." I mumbled in a hushed voice, with my eyes close.

"You will... I'll make sure you will, 10 billion percent" someone said. I instantly knows it's Senku's voice. And plus, Senku is the only one who always use that catchphrase.

I open my eyes to see him standing by the treehouse entrance. "Senku..." I said. Suddenly, I start to have a coughing fit, which makes me sit up as I continue to cough. Taiju rushes inside the treehouse and gently holds my shoulder in case I might fall and hurt myself. Senku hurried over to me and hands me a mug made of clay. It's filled all the way with water.

"Hurry up and drink. It'll be better if you don't talk too much for now, okay?" He said. I take the mug from him and start to drink from it. Senku looks so worried about me. But a person like him would never like me. It makes me remember what I used to think of him before Taiju told him to confess to the girl he love... and it was that he didn't believe in love.

Usually people who are in love are filled with tons of illogical problems... his voice echoed in my head. It was what he always said. And despite knowing that... my heart still choose to fall for him.

After Taiju encouraged him to confess that day, it instantly change my whole view about Senku. It made me believe that Senku do have the ability to feel some sort of romantic attraction for someone. He's just different from most people. He didn't directly act upon his feelings, like normal people does. Instead, his focus and passion are all directed for science.

But I'm sure if he's to express his feelings, that girl will never be me. He would go for someone who's as smart and as passionate about science as he is. That is for sure.

Even though I know some basics knowledge about science... how glasses are made and such. They're still nothing compare to his bottomless knowledge about science. He's just way out of my league.

I eventually finished the whole drink. Senku takes the glass from me. Taiju helps me lay back down. He place the towel back on my forehead.

"I'm going to get more water in case Y/N starts to cough again..." he said. "Okay..." Senku said. Taiju walks out of the treehouse, leaving Senku and I. My eyes starts to droop from exhaustion. I just let them close after realizing I can't keep them open for much longer.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I force myself to open my eyes to see Senku staring into my eyes with a serious expression. "You will get better, Y/N. I'll never stop until I know you're going to be okay. I will find a cure, 10 billion percent. So until I manage to find a cure for your illness. Please stay strong, okay?" He said, smiling softly at me.

I can feel warmth spreading in my heart at his word. I smile and nod my head. "Okay..." I said, in a hush voice. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*