Chapter 77

Previously on Chapter 76

He just wanted what's best for me. He's in as much pain as I was. I feel tears of my own slowly streams down my cheeks. Now I'm even more confused of my own feelings. What should I do now?

-Recovery-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm just laying on the same makeshift bed. I can't do too much activity because I cracked my back bone. I also have a stitched wound, which means I'm not able to move much. Aside from that, Senku asked Kohaku and Ruri to make sure I don't move.

The curtain moves aside to reveal Nikki. She have a tray in her hands. "Nikki-Chan?" I said. She smiles and walks over to me. She sits down next to my bed. "How are you feeling?" She said.

"I'm feeling fine... but kind of bored. Since I can't do much activity. All I've been doing is laying around all day. It's because of my broken back, I can't even sit down without being in pain" I said. She frowns at what I said.

"I pray for your quick recovery, Y/N-Chan" she said. I smile gratefully at her. "Thank you..." I said. She smiles. "Everyone is so worried about you... I do too. Just like Senku, you also hold so much hope for all the people here..." she said. I let out a soft chuckle.

"I'm not so sure about that... how can an ex-assassin like me give people hope?" I said. She frowns at what I said. "Please don't talk so low about yourself like that... you have a lot of positive impact on us, Y/N. Me, especially... remember the song you sang for me through the call?" She said. I just nod my head at what she said.

"That song really comforted me..." she said. I stare at her in surprise. "I thought the one comforting you was Lillian's song..." I said. She shakes her head. "Both... yours and Lillian's" she said. I just smile softly at her.

"I'm glad if my song can comfort you..." I said. She grins at me. "Oh, I got you some food... you think you can eat some?" She said, taking the tray she placed on the ground.

"Senku made the bed adjustable. So I can sit down. But not for long" I said. Nikki moves towards me. "Here... I'll help you. Just tell me how it works" she said. I tell her how to adjust it. She did as told and now I'm sitting up.

The curtain moves to the side to reveal Ukyo. "Hey" he said. I smile softly at him. "Hello, Ukyo..." I said. He walks inside and take a seat next to Nikki. He notices the tray in her hands.

"Are you about to eat?" He said. I just nod my head. Nikki gently hands me the bowl of ramen. I gently grab it, but as she lets go... my arms feels weak and I nearly drop it. But Ukyo is fast enough to catch it. I let out a sigh of relief because the food isn't spilled.

"Sorry, guess my body is still too weak" I said. Ukyo shakes his head and smiles at me. "Not a problem... I'll feed you" he said. I shake my head at what he said. "You don't have to..." I said.

"I want to. Back in our time... I'd always look after you when you're sick. So let me look after you now" he said. I let out a sigh and nod my head. He gently bring the chopsticks close to my lips. I open my mouth and slurp the ramen.

"I have to go now..." Nikki said. I turn to look at her and smiles softly. "Thanks for the visit, Nikki" I said. She smiles and stands up, leaving Ukyo and I alone.

I turn to look at Ukyo as he keeps on feeding me until I finished the whole bowl. He place the bowl down and grab the cup. He gently help me drink the water. He grabs a small towel and gently wipe my lips.

He moves his gaze up and makes eye-contact with me. I froze once I realize how close we are. He start to lean forward. But before our lips can touch. I pull away from him. He looks hurt by my action. I give him an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry, Ukyo... it's just. It's not going to work out between us anymore" I said. He nods his head. "R-Right... you're right. I... I understand. It's because of Senku, right?" He said, looking at me with a pained gaze. I nod my head.

"Yeah... you need to remember that I'm already married to Senku. It's wrong for me to do anything like this. I feel like I'm two timing you both. So... I'll make it clear now. We can be friends... but that's it. We have to know our limits" I said. He nods his head at what I said.

We talk for a bit, until it's starting to get pretty late. "I should probably get going now... you should rest more, so you can have a speedy recovery" he said. I nod my head. He smiles and gently place a soft kiss on my forehead. I stare at him with a startled face. He realizes what he did and panicked.

"I'm... I'm sorry..." he said. I shake my head and just smiles at him. "It's alright..." I said. He just smiles at me and gently caress my head. He slowly stands up and walks away.

I stare at the ceiling above me. The only light coming from the small candle across from me. I let out a sigh and lift my hand, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Are you feeling dizzy?" Someone said, making me jump at the sudden voice. I turn my head and notice Senku standing by the entrance. "Ah... no. I'm fine" I said, removing my hand from my nose.

"How long have you been sitting up?" He asked. I think about it. "For a while actually... I'm surprised I can sit up this long without feeling any pain. Guess my back is healing faster than I thought" I said. He hums softly and walks up to me.

"I'm glad to know that... but you need to lay down now" he said. I smile softly at him and nod my head. "Yeah..." I said. He gently adjust the bed to a laying position.

He gently slip his hand in mine, lifting it up and place a soft kiss on the back of my hand. "I love you, Y/N... you know that right?" He said. I nod my head. "Of course" I said. He smiles and place his hand on my head.

"Whatever you choose... I'd support you. No matter what..." he said. I can see the sadness in his eyes. I instantly knows that he's talking about Ukyo and I. I can feel my heart tightening.

Even though he said that he'd accept whatever I do... I can tell that his heart is hurting, and it was all because of me. It makes me feel like I'm the worst person in the world.

*to be continued*