Chapter 88

Previously on Chapter 87

"You'll still gonna tell me?" I asked. He just grins at me. I let out a sigh and shake my head. "Fine... guess I'll just have to wait" I said, making Senku nod his head. Why do I get such a mysterious husband?

-The Things That I Missed-

Y/N P.O.V

I stand next to Senku as he assists Francois and Ryusui in the process of making the bread. I cross my arms across my chest, trying to figure out what type of bread they're making. I close my eyes as I sniff the scent.

"Oh I know this scent!" I said, opening my eyes with a grin. I turn my head to look at Senku. Senku turn to me with a raised eyebrow, as if urging me to say it. I grin confidently and lift my index finger. "It's Stollen, am I right??" I said.

"I know you'd figure it out" he said, grinning at me. He gently wrap an arm around my waist. He pulls me closer to his side. I just grin at him, feeling proud that I finally managed to figure it out. He let out a chuckle and gently ruffle my hair.

After a while, the bread are finally done. Francois take them out from the oven. She walks towards the table and cut them into thin slices. Everyone starts to gather around so they can have a taste of the bread.

Senku grabs one and turn to me. He gently bring it closer to my lips. "Here... have the first bite" he said. I smile shyly at him. I open my mouth and take a bite. I hum happily as the familiar taste spreads through my mouth. It's certainly the flavor that I've missed after so long.

"Wow... it sure does bring back old memories" I said. I lift my hand and wipe the tears. Senku let out a chuckle at my comment. He take a bite and smiles at me. "I wish we can bring everything back" I said.

"We will... I'm sure we will. One step at a time. We'll definitely bring back everything that's lost because of the petrification" he said. I smile happily at him and wrap my arms around his torso.

"Yeah... I have faith in you, Senku" I said, leaning my head against his chest. He run his hand through my hair. I feel a soft kiss on the side of my head. I pull away from him. "My genius scientist..." I said, grinning at him. He let out a chuckle and gently nudge his nose with mine. I let out a soft giggle and give his lips a gentle peck.

"Hey, Y/N" someone said. I turn my head to see Kohaku. She walks towards me and smiles. "It's been a while since we last heard you play some music, don't you think? Why don't you play some music for us?" She said. Everyone let out a cheer at what he said.

"Um, yeah... of course. Let me grab my guitar real quick, okay? I'll be right back" I said. I slowly pull away from Senku. I turn around and make my way towards Senku and I's shared house.

By the time I return to where the others are, they've already set up a mini stage. I let out a nervous laugh at how fast they arranged everything. Everyone's staring at me, as if waiting for me to go ahead and get on the stage.

I shake my head to snap myself out of the daze. I make my way up the stage and sit down on the stool they've set up for me. I adjust the tune so I get the tone I need. I turn to look at everyone. They clap their hands in excitement, making me smile. I take a deep breath and begin to play a piece.