Chapter 68

Previously on Chapter 67

'Now is not the time to be thinking about that, Y/N! You have to focus on the battle ahead of you! You're the only hope... to avoid bloodshed with your chi blocking skills!' I thought to myself. I take a deep breath, trying to calm my nerve. I'll think about my complicated feelings after the battle ends. Right now, I need to be on full focus.

-Final Battle-

Y/N P.O.V

We are preparing ourselves to attack the people who are guarding the miracle cave. "Everyone brace yourself!" Kohaku said. I stand on a battle stance, ready to lunges at them anytime.

"Fire!" Senku yelled out. The tank fire it's bullet. It's heading above the people, exploding right after it hits the cave's entrance. The guards begins to run away after it exploded.

The tank advances forward. I watch in worry as the tank moves through various of traps. But it seems to be holding up pretty well.

"Tanks are the best!" Magma said, laughing out loud. "I'm sure you love this stuff, Magma" Ginro said. "We don't need to take a detour. We're saved precious seconds" Kinro said. I just keep my eyes in front of me.

"Y/N! Your command!" Kohaku said. I turn to look at her. I turn to look at the others who's waiting for my command.

"Let's go everyone! Frontal assault! Charge!" I yelled. Everyone yelled out and charged forward. I run the furthest front and start to attack each one of them. I hit their pressure points which makes them fall on the ground. The others following my lead to attack them.

"Tie the ones I've paralyzed! Hurry up before they can move again!" I said. They did as I told. I turn around and jumps out of the way, when a spear comes towards me.

"Who are you?!" One of them said. "Oh me? I'm Y/N. The Dancing Maiden" I said, smirking evilly at them. Their eyes widened at what I said.

"I-I've heard t-that nickname before..." one of them said. "Isn't that the name of Japan's most dangerous assassin??" The other said. Which makes me laugh evilly. "Oh, so you've heard..." I said. I take out my swords and grins at them.

"So... who's first? Or let's go the easy way and give up. Surrender now and I won't hurt you" I asked. Their faces turns pale and drops their weapons. They kneel down on the ground.

"We surrender!" They said together. I let out a soft giggle. "Well... that worked" I said. I gestured the others to tie them up. Now it's just a few more of them and we win.

I turn my head and notice Senku's tank is down. Magma walks forward and grab a copper plate. I take out my earplugs and cover my ears.

"Everyone! Earplugs!" I yelled. They did as I told and covers their ears with their earplugs. I flinch when I hear a faint high pitched sounds. The plugs barely block out any sound. I can't imagine the ones who got full force.

"There's still too many left!" I said. Taiju rushes up to Chrome and Magma. He screams into the copper parabola, sending a strong sound wave towards the people. They cover their ears in pain because of the sound. I rush forward and jab their pressure points. I gestures the others to tie them up.

"How many casualties?" Senku said. He turns to look around. "Zero..." I said, smirking at him. He smirks at me as well.

"The miracle cave!!" Taiju yelled out, happily. "We've conquered it!!" Chrome added, just as happy. I jump happily in my spot. "Wooo!!!" I yelled. Taiju bends down in front of the nitric acid.

"It's been a long time. It's been a whole year since we parted ways with Senku and Y/N to fight this battle. We finally have it back!!!" He yelled in the end while holding up a cup of nitric acid.

Senku slowly walks out of the cave. He have a calm demeanor, despite having won the battle for the miracle cave. He heads towards the tank.

"Hey, what are you doing, Senku? We just won!" Chrome said, wondering why Senku isn't showing any signs of happiness. I let out a laugh. "That's just how he is. He's always calm..." I said.

"Yeah, I'd love to party my ass off to celebrate this victory, but we don't have time to waste. We're going to start making gunpowder" he said. I nod my head in agreement.

"Crap, he's right. We need to get ready before Tsukasa and the others catch on and get here" Chrome said.

"Ta-da-da! Sulfur and charcoal!! This is an instant gunpowder starter kit. All you need to do is add nitric acid" Senku said. I let out a giggle at the way he said it. "Gosh, Senku... you sound like Doraemon right now" I said. He turns to look at me and shrugs. "Well, you know I love Doraemon" he said.

"What's Doraemon?" Chrome said. I turn to look at him. "Oh it's a TV show back in our time. Don't worry... you'll get to see it after we bring back the civilization. Along with other entertainments" I said. He grins happily at what I said.

"You're so well prepared..." Gen said, to Senku. Senku turns to look at him. "Damn straight. We don't have time" he said. Taiju let out a scream of delight. Sheesh... just how much strength this guy have.

"All right, then! Finally! We've got gunpowders!!" He said. I just cheer along. "Victory for the kingdom of science!" I yelled out. Everyone cheers at what I said.

"Run!!" Ukyo suddenly screams. I turn to look at him. He looks scared and panicked. But instead of doing as told, everyone stares at him with a confused expression.

"Everyone, run!" He yelled again. I notice movement behind him. "Look out!" I yelled. He turns around, just to have a spear pierce his stomach. He falls from the tree, bumping right into Senku in the process.

"Ukyo!!!" I yelled out. I rush towards him and turn him to lay on his back. Blood is rushing out from his wound. I place my hand on his wound, trying to stop the bleeding.

"Y-Y/N... I'm sorry. For everything" he said. I shake my head. "Shut up! Safe your breath" I said, without looking at him. I reach inside my belt pouch and grab a herb paste. I place it on a leaf and place it on his wound.

"This should help stop your bleeding..." I said. He just stay still as I continue to treat his wound. "P-Please listen to me..." he said. I shake my head, not wanting to listen to anything he have to say.

Senku P.O.V

'Shit... all our chemicals' I thought to myself. I turn my head slightly to see Y/N tending to Ukyo. She chose to help him first. Seems like she still loves him. No... his injury are worst than mine. I need to stop thinking like this. I have to focus on the current battle.

*to be continued*