Chapter 25

Previously on Chapter 24

Oh... he is nervous too. He's just good at hiding it. I let out a soft giggle and tightens my arms around his torso. I'm so happy. Senku is back... and he's okay. Then on top of that, he's my boyfriend now.

-Chemicals Works-

Y/N P.O.V

"So... what should we start with, Senku?" I asked. He turns to me. "Well... we first need to make a water condenser" he said. He turns to Old Man Kaseki and tell him what to do.

I can see Old Man Kaseki looking nervous. "Do you think he can pull that off?" I whispered to Senku. He let out a laugh. "I'm sure he will..." he said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. He place a gentle kiss on the side of my head. I blush at his gesture.

"Senku... there's a lot of people here" I said. He lift an eyebrow at me. "So?" He said. I let out a huffed at what he said. He let out a chuckle and turn to look at Old Man Kaseki.

A While Later

"How dare you made me work on something so complicated?!" Old Man Kaseki protested. I just let out a nervous laugh at his comment. Senku just grin, being the mischievous boy he is. I shake my head at him.

Senku removes his hand from my shoulder and start to show Chrome how the water condenser works. Chrome looks mesmerized by every steps. I just let out a giggle at how excited the science team is being.

"Now we have Hydrochloric Acid

"Now we have Hydrochloric Acid..." Senku said. I can see Kohaku looking confused. "Hydro-" she said. "It's somewhat dangerous. Get this inside you eyes, you'll be blind..." he said.

"Do you have to say that?" I said. He just ignores me and lets out a laugh. I let out a sigh and shakes my head.

"Now we have chlorosulfuric acid

"Now we have chlorosulfuric acid..." he said. Again, Kohaku looks confused. "Chlorosulfuric acid?" She said. "This stuff is really dangerous... get it on your skin, and you'll turn into a skulking zombie" Senku said.

"I don't see what you see in that guy..." Kohaku said, staring at Senku with a horrified face. "He's a good person... with very mischievous personality" I said, placing my hands on my hips.

"We have sodium hydroxide

"We have sodium hydroxide..." Senku said. "Sodium hydroxide?" Kohaku said. "This chemical is ultra dangerous. The yakuza use it to melt corpses" he said. I turn my head to see Suika by the wall. She looks terrified.

"Kohaku... take the jar from him" I said. She turns to look at me. She walks towards Senku and grab the jar from him. "Huh?" He said. I walk towards him to and grabs his ear.

"Owowowowow!! Let go, Y/N! That hurts!" He said, holding my arm trying to stop me from pulling his ear. "Stop doing that! You're scaring Suika... look at her" I said, pointing at Suika who's still shaking in fear by the wall.

"Okay! Okay! Sorry!!" He said. I let out a huffed and release his ear. He rubs his reddened ear. "You're mean..." he said. I shake my head. "Your fault... you just have to scare Suika" I said. I walk towards Suika and rubs her watermelon mask.

"There there..." I said. She moves closer towards me and hugs my waist. I smile and keeps rubbing her back, trying to calm her down. 

"Well... speaking of which... these chemicals you're making. A drug that makes you blind, turns you into a zombie, and melts your corpse" Kohaku said. I turn my head to look at her. She have a dangerous look on her face.

"Are you planning to make Ruri-nee drink that?" She said. Chrome and Senku looks scared by the look on her face. "She's not drinking it! We just need it to make the sulfa-drug. The rest of the chemical aren't dangerous. Come on, Chrome... let's make some ammonia" Senku said. Chrome follows him. Wait, ammonia??

I stare at the two boys with a deadpanned face as they start to pee into the jar. I turn to look at Kohaku. "And you're going to make Ruri-nee drink that??" She said. I wrap my arms around her waist, trying to stop her from charging at the boys.

"Calm down, Kohaku!" I said, struggling to hold her still. "She's not drinking it, damn it! We're using it to prepare the drugs. Y/N... help me" Senku said. "Just what the hell do think I'm doing right now?? Geez, Kohaku. Calm down!" I said, struggling to pull her by her arm. She suddenly stops trying to move, which makes me stumble back. I let out a yelp as I fall on the ground.

"Ow..." I muttered, rubbing my head after hitting the ground. Kohaku turns to look at me. "Sorry, Y/N" she said. I wave my hand dismissively. "It's okay..." I said. She offers her hand to me. I place my hand on top of hers and she pulls me up.

***

"We're more or less down to three items. Acetic, acetate and aniline" Senku said. "It all sounded like some kind of spell" Suika said. I let out a giggle at what she said.

"It's not a spell, Suika... they're substances. They're used for different things" I said. Senku nods his head at why I said. "We can't make any of it without alcohol. Put another way, if we just get some alcohol... we'll have the ultimate cure-all, sulfa drugs" he said. The others instantly gets excited by what he said.

"Let's start making alcohol, then!" Chrome said. "It's going to be a bit of a pain" Senku said. I let out a soft giggle, remembering what happened when we were trying to extract the alcohol from the wine we made.

"We can use all the help we can get" I said. Senku nods his head. "Yep..." he said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. Old man Kaseki who heard what we're talking about, stops walking and turn to look at us.

"Alcohol? What are you talking about? If you win the Grand Bout tomorrow, the villagers will give you more than you can ever finish" he said. Senku grins at what he said.

"Wait, the Grand Bout is tomorrow?" Chrome said. But Senku seems calm and let out a laugh. "The timing is too perfect" he said, grinning happily. "Yeah, if Kinro or Ginro wins, we'll have alcohol and we can give Ruri the cure-all drug!" Chrome said. He sounded so excited.

"Yeah, we're going to win the Grand Bout, even if it kills us" Senku said. I heard the word kill and froze. I hit his shoulder, which makes him flinch. "Ow... why did you hit me?" He asked. "Don't say "killed" as if it's nothing!" I said, crossing my arms across my chest as I look away from him.

He let out a sigh and turn me to have him. "Sorry... you know I don't mean it literally..." he said. I just give him a sad gaze. "I'm just scared to lose you" I said. He wraps his arms around me. "It'll be fine, Y/N..." he said, running his hand through my hair. I just wrap my arms around his torso, leaning my head on his chest. I don't want to lose Senku... not again.

*to be continued*