Chapter 35

Previously on Chapter 34

"Shut up!! I'm not a tool that you can use anymore! I am now a warrior... a fighter for the kingdom of science!" I said. "And our leader!!" Kohaku said. Hyoga stares at us in amusement. Hyoga isn't the type to take things seriously. He love to toy around with his opponents. He's a dangerous man. A man that needs to be taken down.

-A Girl In Pink-

Y/N P.O.V

"Everyone... be careful with his spear" I said, raising my hand which is holding the katana. Hyoga starts to thrust his spear forward towards Magma. He starts to spin the blade of his spear.

Magma ended up getting cut due to the circular motion. He turns to Kohaku and starts to attack her. The impact sends her back. She starts rolling off the cliff. I rush forward and catches her arm before she could fall off.

"Y/N-Chan~ you know you'd be able to defeat me if you went into that mode" Hyoga said, staring at me with a cold gaze. I clench my hands into tight fists, knowing exactly what he meant by that.

"That mode? What mode is he talking about Y/N?" Kohaku said. "Assassin mode... it's where I turned down all my emotions, blocking out every thoughts and only focuses on killing. I'll basically be a killing machine. Just like how I was trained" I said, grimly. I shake my head.

"No! I'll never use that again! I refuse to be a tool!" I yelled at him. No way... I'm not going into that state of mind again. There has to be a way. Another way to defeat Hyoga. Gen suddenly appears from the bush behind him.

"Magma, Kohaku-Chan, Y/N-Chan and Kinro-Chan are the strongest ones in the village. Take down those four and you'll win, Hyoga-Chan~" he said. I lift an eyebrow at what he said.

"Thanks for the intel, Gen-kun. Not that I couldn't have seen it for myself. Except for Y/N-Chan, of course. She's very strong if she wants to be... too bad she's holding herself back" Hyoga said.

"He's telling us that it takes the four of us to win..." Kohaku said. I nod my head in agreement. Magma is the only one who refuses to listen. "He's not even listening!" She said. I let out a sigh at Magma's careless action.

"I'm not surprise... but it doesn't matter. We'd attack together anyway. Kinro, shield us. Then comes me... I'll throw my senbon at him, and Kohaku will attack" I said. They nod their heads in agreement. Kinro runs first and I follow behind him. I place my katana back inside the scabbard. I reach inside my pouch and grab several needles.

I jump over Kinro and throws my needles at him. A few needles manage to hit him on the shoulder. But it doesn't seem to faze him at all. I land on my feet and Kohaku jumps to attack Hyoga. Hyoga moves his spear upwards. But before he could stab Kohaku, the spear tip and wood breaks.

"The spear tip..." Kinro said. "... suddenly broke off" Ginro said, finishing his brother's sentence. I stare at what just happened in surprise.

"A cut that's too precise to have been made with some stone tools, and too well-hidden to see... with enough force, it tears apart. It's almost like magic, isn't it?" Hyoga said.

"Seriously?? Who would have done such a thing?" Gen said, faking a surprise expression. I turn my head slightly to look at Senku, knowing it must be from him. Senku turns to look at me and smiles at me.

Hyoga lets out a chuckle. "Gen-Kun... I like you. You're very proper... as a dirty bat betrayer" he said. Gen have tears in his eyes. "What are you talking about Hyoga-chan?? Why would I do such a thing?" Gen said. But Hyoga didn't buy his act. He let out a low chuckle and grins evilly at him.

"Well damn, you had me figured out already. That's my Hyoga-Chan" he said. A strong wind blows, that sends petals of flowers that moves in circle. Gen is now on top of a wooden pole. He tosses the blade down and Senku catches it in his hand.

"Do you know this flower? It's not supposed to bloom in the shade. So it's perfect to use as a secret signal. It's called a black nightshade. I used it on stage a lot. It's one of my favorite. In floriography, it means "liar"" Gen said, covering parts of his face with his hand while smirking mischievously.

Senku let out a chuckle, lifting his hand that holds the small knife. "You're a pretty good swordsman, mentalist. It cuts exhilaratingly well, doesn't it? This is the blade of science" Senku said. I grin and turn to look at Hyoga.

"Looks like you've lost" I said, smirking. Hyoga's people starts to tremble in fear. "Th-They even cut through Hyoga-San's spear!" One of them said. "Run for it!" The other one said. They runs off, except for Hyoga who stays behind.

"Remarkable athleticism, coordinated teamwork, and dirty betrayal" Hyoga begins. He turns around to face Senku and I. "And the scientific knowledge to create guns and Japanese katanas. Along with a very well-trained assassin. You people truly seem to know the proper way to do things. It would have been even more proper if you had realized all of this was just a distraction" he said. My eyes widened in shock at what he said. I turn around and gasps in shock.

"The village..." I said. There's fire everywhere. The village is burning in the ocean of flame. "So that's what they were after" Senku said. Everyone went into panic mode. There's children and elderly people. I shake my head and runs forward.

I notice a kid about to be hit by the debris. I speed up and grab her. I slow my speed and place her down. "Go... find a place that are safe. Hurry!!" I said. I turn my head to look at Ruri.

"No need to protect me! Please save the children!" She said. I nod my head and turn around to save the others. I manage to take them into safety. Out of the corner of my eyes, I can see a flash of pink. I turn my head to see a girl, wearing pink attire.

Kokuyo moves to attack the girl. But she jumps over his body and do a front flip. My eyes widened at the movement. She's obviously an expert in gymnastics. She can't be Hyoga's apprentice because I was the only one he ever trained. The girl runs passed the bridge that are guarded with ease.

This is so bad. The battle between Tsukasa's Empire and the Kingdom of Science just kept on getting a lot harder from here. First Tsukasa, then Hyoga. Now this girl too. Just how many people we're facing?!

"Y/N, your shoulder is burnt!" Someone said. I turn my head to my shoulder to see a fresh burn wound. I don't feel any pain because to the adrenaline rushing through my vein. I shake my head.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me! We have a village to save!" I said. We quickly try our best to put the fire out. All the things we've worked so hard to build, is gone just like that. I won't forgive you, Hyoga... Tsukasa. I'll make you pay for this!

*to be continued*