Chapter 120

Previously on Chapter 119

We pull away when we desperately need to breathe. He drop his body on top of me. I just start to play with his hair once again. I hear a soft snore coming from him not long after. I smile softly to myself as I kiss his forehead. I close my eyes, letting myself drift off to sleep.

-Horrifying Discovery-

Y/N P.O.V

We're now gathered in the sonar room. Ukyo is trying to check the machine, to make sure it's working properly. The fight between Hyoga and Moz created a havoc on this ship. They destroyed everything. So Senku works hours with the others to fix the broken machines. Which, luckily they managed to.

I stand next to Senku, carrying Byakuya in my arms. I watch in silent as Ukyo tries to work on the sonar. We need to contact the others back in Ishigami Village. Senku told us that Ruri has tried to reach out to him but the battery died before she could say anything further than to ask how he's doing.

In the middle of the conversation between us and Ruri's side, the radio gets cut off. "There's an interference on transmission" Ukyo said. There's noises coming from the radio. Until eventually, a voice can be heard. "A... a human's voice" he said.

Twelve million eight hundred thousand meters... 1 second the voice said. Kohaku let out a gasp as she quickly jumps away from the radio. I turn to look at Senku with a worried gaze. That's a large numbers of distance.

"Keep the petrification device away from the radio even if it kills you" Senku said, turning to look at Kohaku over his shoulder. I turn to look at him worriedly. I grip the front of his shirt. My hand trembles slightly.

"Senku... that's..." I said, worriedly. He turn his head to look at me, noticing the worry on my face. He gently wrap his arm around my waist. He pulls me close and rub my shoulder gently as an attempt to soothe my nerve.

"Yeah... twelve million eight hundred thousand meters. Is the diameter of earth" Senku said. Everyone let out a gasp at what he said. He turn his head to look at Ukyo who has a serious expression on his face.

"No... that's not the real question. It's who said it" he said. He stares at the radio for a few seconds and turn to look at Senku. "I know that voice. Senku... it's your voice" he said. I feel a shiver running down my spine what he said.

"But it can't be Senku... he's right here with us. So who was that?" I said, my voice came out shaky as I feel fear growing within me. I've never felt this afraid before. The last time I actually felt fear was before the battle with the Kingdom of Might, and the thought of losing Senku.

"Calm down, love. I'm sure we'll figure something out. But first... we need to figure out where Why-Man is" he said, tightening his arms around me and Byakuya. I feel a smaller hand on my cheek. I down at Byakuya to see him staring at me with a sad gaze, as if he knows what I'm feeling.

"Mama..." he said. I smile softly as I lean down, gently nuzzling my face on his cheek. I place kiss on his cheek afterwards. "Mama... okay?" He asked.

"Mama is fine, honey..." I said. He smiled softly and rest his head on my shoulder. I gently rub his back as he drift off to sleep. I turn to look at Senku. He sends me a soft smile. I return his smile with a weak one.

"Everything will be fine..." he said. He pulls me closer, gently placing his forehead against mine. "We'll figure out a way to stop Why-Man" he said, trying to assure me.

I just nod my head at what he said. Hearing him say it brought reassurance in my heart. Senku leans away from me to place a soft kiss on my forehead. I hope he's right. We can only hope that everything will be all right.

***

We're currently having dinner. I just hold Byakuya on my lap as I eat silently with my free hand. Senku is standing while holding a plate in his hand. Seems like he had figured out the exact location of Why-Man.

"Well, then, based on the results of our triangulation... the enemy is a few hundred thousand kilometers above" he said. The spoon falls out of my hand as I blink my eyes in surprise. "That's right. Why-Man is... on the moon" he said. I let out a nervous laugh, at the thought of someone living on the moon for the over 3,700 years. I turn my head, noticing Gen looks pale.

"Which means the next big project we'd be doing will be... creating a rocket" he said. I just give him a straight expression. His grin widens as he seems excited with what we'll soon be doing. "We're going to attack the moon" he said.

I let out a sigh. I close my eyes while shaking my head at what my husband just said. "Why am I not surprised..." I mumbled, loud enough for Senku to hear as he moved closer to my side. He turn his head to look at me. He let out a chuckle as he leans down, placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Of course... it's not gonna be easy. And we also need to have a powerful man on our side" he said. He turned to look at the others as Gen question him about who would be the one to go with him as a power man. He starts to grin. "Well, we already have the power man" he said. I hum softly at what he said and nod my head.

Time-skip

I make my way towards the front deck. I stare into the distance as I watch as our homeland gradually becomes larger the closest we get there. A smile starts to form on my lips. I feel a pair of arms snaking around my waist, right under my arms that are holding Byakuya.

I turn my head to see Senku. I smile softly as he places his chin on my shoulder. I smile softly and places a kiss on his cheek. I turn to look forward as I tighten my arms around Byakuya.

"We're home, love..." Senku said, placing a kiss on my shoulder. I smile softly at what he said. He snuggles closer, burying his face on my shoulder from behind. I smile softly at what he said, and nod my head. Yeah...

We're home...

*to be continued*