-09-

andrea's nice shot

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

andrea's nice shot

RICK WON THE RACE BECAUSE OF A GUNSHOT. Nelly got too nervous after hearing it, and she threw Scarlett off—much like she probably did Daryl—and took off. Rick turned Buck around, stopping next to the girl with wide, frightened eyes. Scarlett grabbed his hand without thought when he extended it, and she let him pull her on the horse. Without wasting a second, they took off toward the gunshot—toward the farm.

Rick gave Scarlett the reigns when they neared their group surrounding someone. He jumped off when they got close enough, and Scarlett realized Daryl was the one shot. Andrea was panicking, asking if he was dead, while they saw Daryl had found Sophia's doll. There was a lot going on, but Rick and Shane managed to get Daryl up so they could get Hershel to look at him.

Scarlett blew a breath up in irritation, letting her bangs fly a bit. Andrea should not have shot so close to the farm. Now, her wrist was twinging with pain, and she could feel a sprain. Clicking her tongue, she led Buck back to the stables, seeing Nelly already inside or her stall shivering in fright. Rolling her eyes at the idiot horse, she got off Buck and took off both of their saddles. After making sure both had water, she left the stables after locking it tight.

Her wrist was still bothering her, so she walked into the house and went straight into the room where Daryl was being tended to.

She smirked when she heard Hershel mutter, "It's a wonder you people've lasted this long." He turned to look at Scarlett, Daryl's eyes following as he was groggy from pain. "What's wrong with you?"

She rose her wrist, grabbing a wrap that was in Hershel's medical box. Hershel was about to say something else, but Scarlett was tired of his negativity. She left the room, going into the living room.

Sitting on a chair, she tried to wrap the bandage herself. It hurt more than just a sprain, but she could not afford to be in bad health. Tylenol would fix it.

After failing to wrap the bandage, she sighed in relief when Carl walked inside looking for his mom. The turkey was almost ready, and his nose twitched as he smelled it. Turning when he saw Scarlett, he frowned at the bandage.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

She lifted her wrist and the bandage, gesturing for him to help her. He nodded, walking toward her and kneeling. Wrapping the bandage, she winced when he made it a bit too tight.

"Sorry," he murmured as Rick and Shane walked inside. Shane looked a bit irritated, but his eyes softened at the sight of Carl. Rick's softened at the sight of Carl and Scarlett. "Hey, Dad. Shane."

Shane smiled. "Hey, bud. What's wrong with Miss Scarlett?"

Rick winced. "Sorry, I didn't ask if you were all right after Nelly threw ya," he said, rushing over and taking Carl's spot after Carl tightened it again. "Here, I got it, Carl. Why don'cha go help Shane set the table?"

Carl nodded, smiling at the two men he looked up to. "Sure. Shane, I gotta show you this comic Scarlett found me—" his voice trailed off as they went into the kitchen.

Rick finished wrapping her wrist with a smile. "There," he whispered. "Want some ice for it?" She shook her head. He chuckled, a curl falling over his forehead. "I won the race by the way."

She snorted a laugh, rolling her eyes as she pushed him with her good arm. He fell back with a laugh.

"Jerk," he muttered. "Go rest."

She walked into the kitchen despite his command, and she saw Lori smiling at Carl and Shane's playful banter. Lori's eyes went to Scarlett's, and she smiled even more. "Hey, Scarlett. Carl said you hurt your wrist. I made an ice bag for you."

Scarlett smiled softly at the woman, taking the bag and placing it. Rick walked in a moment later, grinning when he saw the ice. He walked over to Lori, asking if she needed anything. She shook her head, motioning for him to take a seat. Everyone came in slowly, taking their own helping of the turkey that Lori and Carol cooked up.

Scarlett almost moaned at the flavors bursting in her mouth. The food kind of tasted like Annette's, and she was missing her a little.

Scarlett sat away from the group, letting them have a good time. She knew it had been a while for any of them to just sit and relax.

Glenn asked if anyone knew how to play guitar a moment later, and Scarlett winced as Patricia mumbled out how Otis did. She watched Shane's eyes look away in guilt as Glenn made a face of regret for even asking the question.

Grabbing the guitar from him, Scarlett placed her plate down on the floor. Glenn rose a brow as she plucked a few strings to make sure the thing was tuned. Finally, she began to play a song.

Beth grinned, singing to the old song Annette used to sing to them. Maggie rolled her eyes as a single tear left her eye before she began to sing as well. Scarlett kept her eyes down as she played, knowing she would screw up if she met anyone's eyes.

Beth and Maggie harmonized, making Hershel smile at his two girls. It was peaceful as the night began, the moon high in the sky, and the world at an end no one could prevent. When she strumed the last chord, light applause scattered across the kitchen.

Hershel sighed. "My girls. Sounded so beautiful. Haven't heard you play since you were twelve," he murmured with a smile toward Scarlett. "Still play as good as your Momma."

Scarlett's blood ran cold at the mention of her mother. Gulping, she stood and handed the guitar back to Glenn before rushing from the room and not looking back.