-25-

fucked, though not literally

CARL YAWNED, CUDDLING INTO HIS MOM ON THE COUCH IN THE LOBBY. They had a large pile of everything they looted, and Rick looked happy. They had found a good bit. The pharmacy was not as good as the rest, but the dollar store did have food and drinks that would last at least a week or two depending on rationing.

Scarlett knew they wanted to make a home somewhere, but this town was too open to do that. They needed somewhere safer, so they had to face the reality that this was just a stop in their trek.

Rick made sure everyone knew that too, especially after Beth's excitement of the beds.

Scarlett felt her own eyes getting heavy as her head let itself lean on Daryl's shoulder. She had been standing next to him while they counted and wrote down what they scavenged.

"Y'need to get some rest," Daryl muttered to her.

She nodded, yawning which led to Carl yawning and then a ripple effect.

"All right, good job today everyone. We'll decide the plans for tomorrow in the morning. Make sure you stay packed in case we have to bolt. Y'all know we still are going to have watches, so be prepared for yours," Rick closed out the day, walking over to Lori to pick up Carl.

"Wanna sleep with Mom," Carl murmured into his Dad's shoulder.

Lori smiled, not seeing the baby in her son that much anymore.

"Sure thing, bud," Rick told him, carrying him to the room. Everyone began piling out into their respective rooms. Daryl shook the silent girl off his shoulder as he stood.

"Actually sleep. I'm taking first watch," he told her. She made a face at him, sticking out her tongue. "Best be careful. My old man used to threaten to cut it off." Scarlett's eyes widened as she held her tongue with a sad look. "Get out'ta 'ere, girl," he laughed softly at her face. She pouted but reluctantly got up and made her way to the room.

Her eyes widened when she saw Rick facing the window while taking off his shirt.

Shit.

Carl went with Lori. She was here. Rick was here.

Rick was here. Shirtless. A shirtless Rick was here. Where she was.

Gulping, she shut the door with a soft click.

Rick turned around, a smile on his face. "You did good today. Finding this place."

She smiled softly, letting the blush creep up her neck. She walked over to her bag of clothes she found today, taking out a pair of leggings with shaky hands. His footsteps drew near her, and she felt her pulse rising as her eyes went up his body from where his pants hung low on his hips to his Georgian blue eyes that were staring at her in wonder.

"You okay, Scar?" he asked softly, his breath fanning her face softly as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Quieter than usual." He chuckled at his joke while she tried to calm her racing heart. "You've just been such an angel since we've met, y'know? With Carl. Sophia. Lori. The rest of the group... Me. Don' think I'd have made it this far without you, Scarlett."

"You would've," she whispered as her eyes searched his face for what he was thinking. "You'll be the one to survive this. You 'nd Carl 'specially."

"Not without you," he whispered, letting his hand touch her cheek. Her eyes closed instantly. He hesitated. "Am I making you uncomfortable? Don' wanna hurt you."

"I haven't been uncomfortable around you since your boy was shot," she said, letting her face fall completely in his hand with her eyes opening softly, seductively. He smirked, tracing her lips with his finger. He seemed hesitant still. "Rick?" He hummed in response. "Can you kiss me?"

Rick breathed in as if he had been waiting on those words his whole life. His nostrils flared before he pushed Scarlett gently into the wall and let his mouth cover hers.

Their lips were kind of dry from lack of water, but the friction between them made the kiss feel like electricity was flowing through their veins. Rick felt himself put his hand in both of hers, holding them above her head so she could not go anywhere. He felt her lips growing softer as their kiss grew fierce.

Scarlett felt his tongue poke at her bottom lip, and she could not help the noise that left her when he retracted his tongue and replaced it with his teeth as he slowly and sensually bit her bottom lip... dragging it out. When his lips attached to hers again, he forced his tongue into her mouth, and Scarlett found herself losing all fears as she lifted her leg so that their bodies rubbed together in the most passionate way.

Rick's lips left hers, eyes wild and full of desire as he stared at her for a moment. He let her hands go, feeling them fall on his shoulders as his hand came to grip her thigh while his lips left a trail down her neck and back up again. He found a spot that made her squirm, and he stuck to it. Sucking and biting until she was breathing and panting so hard.

They were like starving animals, letting their lips wander each other. Rick felt himself growing more and more hard with desire while Scarlett felt every nervous bone in her body leave and replace itself with confidence. She felt her body grind onto his, a deep growl leaving his throat as he let his hand rest gently on her neck.

He felt himself almost at the point of no return, so he backed off with an easy smile. Kissing her nose then her forehead, he tilted his head while his hand fell from her neck while the other kept its grip on her thigh.

"Get dressed for bed. I have to piss," he murmured. He did not have to piss. He had to deal with an issue that he was sure she was not ready for. He kissed her again, leaving her dazed and confused as she tried to gather her wits.

Scarlett was fucked. Not literally. Not yet. But she was certainly fucked.