Escaping Nightmares

-12-

In the middle of the once peaceful forest, surrounded by hundreds of monsters, the great being of fire was still at lost of what happened this past few days.

He couldn't believe he got his ass beat up by a mere tiny human that was currently up at the tree next to him taking his lovely rest.

The scenes of numerous defeat he experience flashes in his mind which bring back the shame in him.

He shake his head once again knowing he can't do anything anyway, especially today that he is in his worse shape.

I will get back to that brat sooner

The wolf look at the night sky that was once again not showing any light. He then think about what he witnessed back then when the boy and him is still surrounded by the vicious and  hungry monster.

It was the same thought that's been running in his mind this whole week. It was also  one of the reason that stopping him from taking the life of the young child and instead letting him get wack by the stick that the child always use.

The wolf was frustrated about it. It was the first time in his long life he experience such bizarre thing. You can compare it to the urge of killing a caterpillar but at the same time you want to let it live to witness what kind of butterfly it will become.

He have every reason to end the life of the boy, he can even kill it now by using the magic he somewhat restore but he didn't. Because he wants to witness it his self , if the boy will be different or also be the same as the person who once broke the trust of the once great beast.

--------------------

" Hey! I told you don't move to much " The wolf  just growl of annoyance because of the young boy's complain that was currently healing him.

Every early in the morning the young boy will heal the wolf before leaving to finds food and other stuff that he thinks will help him somehow. The've been doing this for  months but the wolf was just barely get him self healed.

Wondering why?. Well, the constant fight that happens in a week is no joke. And the fight will usually results to the wolf injury to reopen after it was barely be sealed by the boy's magic.

The young boy will most likely to heal him self first ,leading him to be lack of mana to heal the beast afterwards. It frustrated the two but they just seems not to get along.

It wasn't  only the fights that keeping the two at this stake , there also the lack of food, water and other necessities. Usually it was only the boy who's gonna look for it because the wolf have so much pride in him to do it him self or with the boy.

Which annoys the boy so he usually bring a dead body or a part of  a dead monster to feed the wolf ,that disgusted the wolf every time the boy does.

The constant heavy rain and the monsters that was waiting to take advantage of the great beast weak state also contribute to the two's suffering.

" If you didn't wack me with that stick of yours, you wouldn't have to do this again" Said rosh that was pretty annoyed because he got wack again.

" If you didn't attack me in the very first place i wouldn't have wack you! " Defends the boy who's trying his best to focus on healing the beast.

" You annoys me first human ! " The beast response.

" I didn't even do anything ! "  Shouted by the boy who is getting annoyed now, mentally.

You are the one who's at fault! Not me!!

" You bring me another nasty lizard tail again last night"  The wolf defense.