Escaping Nightmares

-019-

"Ha...ha..ha..." The wolf heavy breathing was echoing through out the cave. He was sweating heavily and was on so much pain.

The once great wolf was now in his death bed. There's no kid who will heal him anymore or  to prolong his life any longer, So those someone who will take care of him.

It was only him and this unbearable pain.  . But even though he was nearing his end, Rosh was somewhat happy for the thing he accomplished.

Especially the last one. He manage to takes his friend into safety. Although they part there ways after,he was still contended about it.

I wonder if that brat is doing okay?

"Ughhh!" The wolf change his laying position, trying to ease the pain. But it only worsen what he was feeling.

Damn this pain!

Pain after pain. Rosh just want to end his life instead of suffering any longer . But such option is impossible for him now

My mana is decreasing rapidly, I need to stop it to ease my pain even for just a little of time.

If only there someone to lend me some.

Rosh was about to close his eyes to try to ignore the pain when he heard a familiar voice calling him.

"Rosh!" The wolf immediately open his eyes and look around from where the voice came from but he found no one.

He thought, maybe he was just hallucinating because of the unbearable pain he was feeling.

Why do I even think of that child in such a crucial time?

I must have really been bewitched by that brat

Says the wolf to him self that make him laugh despite the pain.

I even promise to kill that child and yet i never did.

        As time past by the pain worsen more and more, leaving the wolf barely able to lift a paw .

If only I didn't push my self to much that time.

Rosh, referring  to the event where he rescue the boy and was force to use his magic.

But there no use of regretting it now. After all it's his choice to use magic that time. It was his choice rescuing the boy when he can just left him instead.

It was his decision to spare the boy's life. And accept the offer that has so little use to him anyway.

At least  that child manage to survive, my death is inevitable anyway, so there's no room for regret now.

--------------

Where am I?

Rosh was confused, he was sure that he was supposed to be asleep by now.

The beast look around to check what was happening and found his self in a familiar place.

This is where that brat use to live isn't it?

A familiar voice then got Rosh  attention . It always the boy, running while holding a hare on his other hand.

The boy was calling his name but he was looking at somewhere else making Rosh look at the thing the boy was looking.

And  there it was, him, laying down at the ground, sleeping, just like what he always do.

So this is my memory

Rosh watch as the boy show what he was holding in his hand to the other him. He proudly raise it up in the air so that the he can see it.

"Is that my for  dinner tonight?" Ask the other  wolf. The boy just grin at him then toast a lizard tail just like he was always do.

It makes Rosh who was watching chuckled seeing his own expression.

No wonder that kid is always teasing me, he surely love seeing me angry

"That's your dinner " Says the boy, mocking the wolf.

The annoyed wolf then tried attacking the boy but he got smack by his head instead.

Then the chase start between the two again, with the boy happily running away.

Such scene left a bitter sweet smile on Rosh  lips  who was watching.

The scene then blurred and Rosh felt a terrible headache.

----------

When Rosh open his eyes again, he was on a different place again. Another familiar place to be exact

So this is next.

Tell Rosh to him self as he watch from mid air what was happening beneath him

Beneath him was a ring of fire and a monster who was burn to death so bad that some part of it turn into ashes.

That moth give me quite a hard time

Some monster nearby also investigate what happened but they was to afraid to enter the ring.

Rosh look inside the ring of fire and saw him self carrying the young boy who passed out on his back.

I never knew i hold him with such care

Rosh told to himself as he watch the other him start walking away.

As soon as the other Rosh disappear the scene start to get blurry again and Rosh was once again envelope into an unbearable headache

-----------

Another scene then takes place again. Just like the last one,it was chaotic and full of fire.

People are running in panic. Some are even stippling because of the fear they are feeling.

Ha! Humans are really pathetic

Commented Rosh as he watch the people run in panic .

Every thing is in chaos. Tents, trees and even people are set on fire. Burned corpses was every where.

Rosh look over his right side and saw other him fuming in anger. You can see his anger through his bloodshot eyes but if you see deeper what you will see was worries

Rosh want to say something but he just close his lips tightly before looking elsewhere.

He then walk away and close his eyes, wishing that this scene will be gone and he will meet another peaceful one.

---------

      It's been a day since the wolf choose the cave as his final resting place. He wasn't feeling any pain anymore.Not because the pain was gone but because he was numb already.

So numb that he can't feel his own self anymore. His eyes was tired. His body shrink and become so skinny.

He looks like a dog who didn't eat for the past days or so. He can't even open his mouth anymore.

His throat was so dry that he feel like he was choking on something even though he wasn't.

All he can do now was stare at the cave ceiling who have a crack where a light can pass through.

How long has it been, three? Four? Maybe five?

Rosh breathing become swallower and swallower this past few days. And his eyes lids seems to be going down and down.

The wolf let go of deep sigh after a long time as he felt his eyes finally shutting down.

I can finally rest

Rosh last thought before he completely close his eyes.

At last, the great being of fire. One of the four great mystic beast, get tired already and finally took his last breath.