Other Half

-055-

"Careful on your way there Knox" Said Kai as he bid his goodbye to the kid that he've been treating as his own brother.

"Don't worry, I have sir Pillion and Arnold with me. My mentor is also with me so there's nothing to worry about" Knox answer as he enter the carriage.

"Still, you can't be too sure this days, especially that there's been this rumor about prince Vince faction getting aggressive towards people who are against or not in favor of their candidate to the throne" Warn Kai with a serious tone.

That was probably their defense mechanism especially now that they lost something so important.

Thought Knox as he glance at Rosh who was seating across him.

"No worries, they aren't stupid enough to go hurt a people from a Dukedom who isn't against them" Assure Knox. Kai just smiled in response and Knox close the door.

"That boy is a one worried child" commented Rosh as the carriage start moving.

"It's probably run on the bloodline" Knox reply as he reminisce the scene on the Duke's office as he was getting permission to go out.

The Duke was so against him leaving the Dukedom that it took him a whole hour just to convince him.

Such a worrisome family

"Anyway, you still not saying anything about this trip that we will take" Rosh way of changing the topic.

A sudden memory flash on Knox mind again causing him to smile accompanied by some snickers.

This boy is thinking something scary again is he.

"Don't worry too much Rosh, this plan isn't 'that'dangerous" Replied Knox while snickering sheepishly.

What's with the that?

Scared for what ever the boy is thinking that make him chuckled from time to time, Rosh never talk to the boy again for the whole trip.

       "We arrived in Belvon young master!" Announced Sir Pillion that wake up Knox who was sleeping inside the carriage.

Knox rub his eyes and look over outside, a smile then form on his smile as he saw the old houses that was almost on the brink of collapsing.

We really arrive at Belvon, the village who is considered as the most poorest among all over  the Gren kingdom.

"Greetings to the young lord of Elwyn Duchy. I am Arman the village chief of Belvon" Greeted an old man probably on his late fifties.

You can see that even the chief is suffering from puberty base on his rag clothing and dirty appearance, he also looks like he wasn't have a bath for weeks according to his messy gray hair.

"Greetings to you too Arman, I am Knox Gray, one of the young lord of Elwyn Duchy. The Duke entrust me this area as an my first project" Replied Knox while looking at the crowd outside of the house of the village chief who are starting to gather around.

"We are currently experiencing drought that causes all the wells to dry up, job was also a problem here and we can't even plow lands to cultivate crops because we are surrounded by nothing but rocks" Explained the village chief with sadness in his eyes.

That was to be expected, not only Belvon located in a the feet of a mountain range surrounded by dense forest they are also far from any city or villages. And the fact that they seat in the borderline of the south and eastern region where conflict always takes place make it harder for people.