Uprising 1

-67-

"So may i ask the reason why we have such esteemed gentlemen look for me?" Ask the guy with the same enthusiasm in his voice.

The two grown man beside Knox look at each other before Harlan decided to take the lead.

"We are here for a commission" He coldy muttered as he trace his finger tip on the long sofa while walking then seating after.

Knox and Rosh followed him silently with now Knox in the middle and the two on both sides.

"Hmmmm?.... rarely did i get a commission this past years. Are you perhaps looking for something that needs a deep digging?" Ask the man in front of them.

Looks like he was indeed sharp just like what  written in the book

Thought Knox as he watch the man expression.

"Well it is indeed, normal organization won't be able to dig deep enough as our target was rather protected by a strong force" Answered Rosh.

"A Strong force huh....the only strong force that is capable of such in this time was either of the two clashing faction of the royal families. Are the person you were looking for inside such group?" Ask the man again.

"Yes he was. In fact he play a very important role for the leader of his faction" Knox butted that immediately caught the man's eyes.

A small grin form on the man's lips as he lean forward to the small boy.

"What a peculiar child you are" He said as he examine Knox from head to toe.

A scoffed coming from Rosh stop the man from hovering over the small boy.

"Let's get back to our topic shall we?" Said the man as he cross his legs and lean on the  sofa as he clasp his hand.

Knox can hear Harlan let go of a sigh and mumble something under his breath but he just decided to ignore it.

Knox on the other hand rummage through his coat before he threw a paper in the coffee table table that separate the two sofas.

The man first look at it before he took and open it. At first he was just reading the content casually until he flip through the next page.

Knox clearly saw as the man eyes twitch upon seeing the pictures on the next page. Oddly, his expression give Knox a satisfaction.

Looks like i really got the jackpot

Thought Knox.

The man in front of him Continue reading but you can tell that something was off him after what he saw.

Knox on the other hand couldn't help but wonder in his thoughts upon seeing the man expression.

Benjamin Adler, white scorpion guild master also Knox as Duke Cromwell hound. The youngest swordman who become a senior sword man in just a span of a decade. The future sword of protagonist of this novel.But was currently held captive by Duke Cromwell due to a past debt.

Thought Knox as he continue to examine the man.

"You'r proposal was quite risky im afraid" Said the man as he put down the paper back on the coffee table again.

"Ten million gold" Offered Knox put if nowhere that caught both the attention of the man in front of him and the two man beside him.

He can faintly heard Rosh curses in his head but ignored it all.

"Tem million?" Repeated the shock Benjamin.

"Is that not enough?, then fifteen million" Offered Knox as if he was just stating empty numbers.