Lost prince

- 025-

   "The boy didn't show any suspicious thing at all viscount. He act like a kid throughout our whole trip like what a child in his age will do. But one thing i notice is that he prefer books over toys"Report the knight who accompanied the boy.

The viscount rise his hand, stoping the knight from talking.

"Books? What kinds of books did he buy?" Ask the Viscount as he glance sideways to see the knight.

Do that kid knew how to read?.

He questioned, as he remember what the Duke tell him about where he meet the boy.

" A picture book viscount. It was pretty popular this day especially for kids" Answer the knight.

Picture book huh, it never occur to me that, that kid likes something  so childlike.

The viscount didn't say anything and just dismissed the knight.

"I know the viscount is always suspicious of everything thing but do he need to suspect even a child? " The knight mumble to his self as walk away from the Viscount office

       Early in the next morning the boy was called by the viscount. He left the wolf in his room because it was still sleeping, thinking it will make a fuss again if ever he wake it up.

"How's your trip to the market?" The Viscount ask as he put his tea down after sipping on it.

Well,kinda lost a lot of money.

Is  what the boy want to tell but he just couldn't.

"It's fun, Sir Andrew is also kind" Tell the boy with a cheerful tone.

The viscount eyes squint from the boy's answer, trying to see through what ever lie he was saying.

I'm not lying old man.

"I've heard that you buy 'books'. Do you know how to read?" Ask the Viscount, full of suspicion.

And his suspecting me again. Ugh! What a great thing to start a day.

"It was a picture book. But i do know how to read a few words" Answer the boy cheerfully, not minding the intense eyes of the Viscount who was staring deep into him.

He doesn't seems to be lying.

Think the viscount as he watch the boy who wasn't showing any suspicious thing.

"I see, do you buy all that you needed then?" The boy eyebrow raise but decided to ignore the viscount suspicion.

"Yeah" The boy answered as he sip in his tea and eat some of the serve biscuits.

The viscount found the boy's attitude of raising his eye brows quite arrogant which makes him smile.

Kids who knew that they are above others is tend to have an arrogant attitude just like this young boy.

But he was unlike others. He was arrogant because he knew he have something to brag off him self not because he have a great name backing him.

"Just tell me if you need something. After all my friend tell me to take care of you" Said the Viscount with a smile on his lips.

The boy just nod and stand up.He then bid his force goodbye before leaving the viscount.

"He sure is one arrogant child" Said the viscount as he chuckled before sipping in his cup again.

On the other hand, the boy who just left the Viscount was so occupied with his thoughts as he walk back to his room.

  The viscount is wary of me. Although he doesn't seems to have an intention of killing me it will not hurt to be on guard all the time.