A broken soul

-037-

   "F-flora.. f-flora.. I n-need it p-please!!" Beg the boy as he tremble in fear at the corner.

He was shaking excessively and keeps looking everywhere as if he was watching out for something.

A smiled form at the woman's lips who was standing in front of the child. She then lean over and hug the fragile looking boy.

"Shhh.. don't worry young master i got plenty" She then assured to the child. The child smiled back upon hearing the positive news and hug the woman back too.

"R-realy f-flora? You w-will give me p-plenty right?" Ask the boy, stuttering.

The woman smile grew wider from the sight of the boy.

"Of course young master" She answered while smiling wickedly.

Little did she know, they are not the only people inside of the gloomy room.

Not to far from them, in dark side of the room a bright bloody eyes was looking at the them secretly.

--------

"Where is the duke?" Ask Knox to the butler. The butler was quite shock seeing the young child walking around again.

He was informed he got sick after the dinner due to stress he accumulated during the long journey.

"His grace is in his office, may i know what might be your reason for asking young master?" Ask the butler.

"I just have an important thing that I need to discuss with him" The butler didn't say anything anymore and just guide Knox  the way to the office.

*Knock knock*

The old man who was sitting and doing some paper work from the other side of the wall stop what he was doing.

"What it is?" He ask then go back to what he was doing.

"The young master have paid a visit" Said the familiar voice.

The old man frowned upon hearing what the butler say, thinking it was his grandson who is looking for him.

Kai want to talk with me?

"Come in" Says the Duke as he let go of the documents he was examining before to face the person whom he thought paid him a visit.

"Greetings to you your grace" Greet Knox, bowing his head to show his respect to the master of the house.

The Duke's mouth turn into an O shape when Knox was the one who enter and not the person he was expecting.

"I guess you are expecting someone else by your reaction your grace" Teased Knox with a smirk on his lips as he look at the shock expression of the Duke .

Only then that the Duke snap out of reality as he hear the boy's voice.

He cleared his throat awkwardly and command the butler to leave them and get some refreshments.

"I thought you are sick, what makes you walk all the way here?" The duke's attempt to erase the awkwardness from what happened before.

Knox just chuckled and sit at one of the couch, not even waiting for the duke to offer him to.

"Well, I do get sick but the reason is not because of the long journey that probably the physician report to you" The duke's eyebrow rise as the boy pick his interest.

"Are you telling that Doctor Immanuel fabricated your diagnosis?" Ask the duke that makes Knox smirk grew even larges .

He then stand up and  walk towards the Duke who was still sitting at his table. Knox then put bunch of papers in the duke's table that he rummage in his pocket.