A broken soul

-033-

   "That's why im against you going to that damn forest!" Scold Rosh to the boy  who was laying down in bed, suffering from a high  fever.

Knox just chuckled faintly as a reply. He still couldn't process that he can hear Rosh voice again after a very long time.

"I came back, that's what matter" He defended.

Don't know what to say anymore, Annoyed Rosh just get up and walk away.

Knox eyes then  follow where the wolf is going as he  stop at the study and jump at the chair, landed to the top of the study table.

Rosh eyes squint as he saw the familiar dagger again as he jump off the table.

I should not have listened to that brat, if only i knew this thing was the one his going to get .

----------------
Flash back ...
  A blinding beam of light suddenly appear at the night sky out of nowhere. It caught the attention of many being who was near the area where the beam of light appear.

Especially the people of the nearest village where the Duke of Elwyn was currently staying.

Amusement and confusion can be seen in the people's eyes. But one emotions seems to be out of place.

It's the worried expression of Rosh. He immediately run towards the magic circle upon witnessing the beam of light appear.

He keep circling around the circle until some spark started to appear.

Just a little more!

After a few more circling the magic circle light up. The wind started to change and circle the magic circle.

Rosh move away a little and let the magic take place. Soon, clouds form from thin air and surround the magic circle.

A loud thud then eco through out the room alerting Rosh. Luckily, he was the only one to hear the sound.

Soon, the clouds  slowly faded and reveal a child cover in blood. Rosh eyes widened and he feel his heart skip when he identity who was the kid.

Knox!!

He immediately run to aide the boy to check on him

What have happened?!.

Rosh immediately start to recuperate Knox when he feel that Knox wasn't breathing.

He jump and jump at the child chest until Knox finally cough out blood.

"Cough!! Cough! Cough!" Rosh feel relief when slowly the child start to open his eyes.

"Rosh~" Said Knox, almost whispering already.

"What the heck happened to you?. Why are you covered in blood?"

There so many questions in Rosh mind but he was interrupted when he heard the child laughter.

"Don't worry about what happened. And about the blood, tomorrow I'm gonna tell you" Said Knox that makes  Rosh eyes widen.

"How do you able to understand me again?" Rosh ask in confusion, Knox just smiled in reply  and started to get up. But his knees betrayed him causing him to fall over.

"Clang!"

"Ouch!" Knox groan. But Rosh attention was not into him but at the dagger who fall when Knox try to stand.

"What is this?" Rosh curiously ask.

Is this the reason he go to that dangerous place?.

Thought Rosh as he approach the dagger.