Escaping Nightmares

-018-

            The two continue their  journey as if nothing had happened. But unlike the wolf estimated time to reach the outskirt of the forest, the two takes longer to reach it..

They needed to turn around to avoid the knights that causes them to spend another four days to travel. They also missed the chance to go to the place that Rosh mention before.

As per the contract, the wolf continue teaching the boy that improve the boy understanding of magic more.

At last , after all they went through, the two finally reach their destination.

Upfront them was a barrier that separates the forest and the vast open field. Just a few step and they can finally escape the forest that was full of thier nightmares.

But the two seems to get stuck on thier feet. No one wants to speak nor go take the first step. They are just there, staring at the vast field in front.

"Ahem.. can we really just pass that?" The boy's way of breaking the silence.

This is kinda awkward.

" It only stop monster" Answer the wolf, confusing the boy.

"Aren't you a monster?" Ask the boy curiously .The wolf who was once feeling quite sad became irritated.

"I'm not a monster! I am a mystic being you damn brat!!" Shouted the wolf as he push the boy outside the barrier.

"But aren't mystic being also monster?" Answer the boy back. The wolf annoyance just grew wider because of what the boy said .

This brat really need some beating!

As the two continue to argue they didn't notice that they  already reach the other side .

They only notice when the boy gets a jump scare when tall grasses touches his skin.

For a minute the two was silent again. But unlike last time they get the hold of there self fast.

The two cleared thier  throat and both seems to have something to say to each other but don't know how to start.

"You go first child " Said the wolf. The boy let go of a deep sigh before speaking.

" How about one last session before, ahem. goodbyes"  Said the boy awkwardly, avoiding the wolf gaze.

The wolf expression soften as he see the boy hesitating saying the word goodbye.

I don't know you have such side

"Fine, I will teach you one last thing" agreed the wolf that makes the boy smile.

The two lay down at the grassy field and the wolf start teaching the boy once again.

" This spell that i will teach you is different from those that I've already teach you" Begin the wolf, catching the boy's attention fully.

Different? Seems like a special gift for a leaving friend.

"This is a much higher and complicated spell so you better listen" Remind Rosh .

higher spell huh.

"I really don't want to teach you about it but there might be a time you encounter something that you can't defeat with the basics spell I teach you" said Rosh  seriously.

"Promise me you will only use it if it was really necessary"  Rosh look at the boy and the boy nod, as a sign that he will keep the promise. The wolf let go of a sigh before continuing his discussion.