Uprising 2

-075-

"Greetings Duke" Greet Marquis Philip Magnus, the leader of the big four family, a group of noble family that is the original inhabitants of the Eastern region.

"Greetings to you too Count" Greet Duke Elwyn back.

They are inside a what it seems a conference room of House Magnus. The long table was not that big but not that small either, the wall was well decorated with ornaments made out of either gold or silver. The window are adored with curtains made out of thick and luxurious silk there was.

Splendid

Was the only word the Duke can say about such arrangements.

"Why don't you take a seat Duke?" Offer the count who was seating at the farthest end of the table.

The Duke did what he was said and pick up the opposite end to sit down.

Another three set of eyes couldn't help but raise their eyebrows by the Duke's choice of seat but the Marquis simply laugh it off.

"Now, may i know what brought you to the farthest side of the East Duke?" Ask Marquis Magnus as he casually sip on his tea.

Although at first glance the meeting seems friendly deep inside tension have been building up rapidly.

With the constant watchful eyes of the other gentlemen in the table, that seems to be suspicious of the Duke's every move.

I see, it seems that the three was also informed by the Marquis

Thought Duke Elwyn when he saw the remaining head of the three family; Oliver Wells the head of the County of Wells, Elliott Richards of Richards Viscounty and Hubert Westgard of Westgard Viscounty.

The Duke first cleared his throat before he speak. Although he was the Duke of the East, the four men seating in front of him hold almost the same position as his. So he knew talking superior would only worsen everything.

"I have come in seek of your help" The Duke bluntly said. He have no time for such idly talks just to please them before telling his true intentions.

The four men where shock. They didn't expect for such high ranking noble to come seek help to a family that is below them.

"Help? Would you please enlighten us Duke?" Said the confused Count Wells.

The Duke let go of a deep breath before talking again.

"The East was on the verge of collapsing" He simply said that silence the gentlemen infront of him.

It goes on for a few minutes before someone break it off.

"May I say something but your problem was yours Duke ,not the East " Retorted Viscount Richards with slight annoyance in his tone.

Normally such attitude towards a more high ranking noble is not tolerated but the Duke can make a few exceptions for the greater goods.

"I agreed, although your lost would greatly impact the Eastern region it doesn't necessarily means the land it self will cease into existence" Added Viscount Westgard.

The room then become noisy with the three bickering about what the Duke say, except the Marquis who was just silently having a fierce staring battle with the Duke.

After a few minutes the Marquis raise his hand, silencing the bickering three.

"Proceed with what you are saying Duke" He said while looking at the Duke intently.